PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone show me how to Overclock my Video card on mine GT75?

Leoballer83
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I need step by step how to overclock it ! Thanks

kiba
06-16-2012, 12:46 PM
do you have the 670m or 660m, technically once OC'd the 660m is better, due to the kepler architecture, but personally, if i were you i would wait untill more people have actually done it.

Woots
06-17-2012, 07:58 AM
You try EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner software's yet?

They both permit overclocking (made by the same programmer by the way who also made Rivatuner back in the day.. these are just his latest versions of that software.)

You can tweak voltages and clock speed with these apps. Needless to say... if you are going to attempt this... do baby steps so you don't hurt your card. Monitor your temps and stability closely.

It also might not hurt to install some high end aftermarket thermal compound (something like Artic Silver) to the GPU heatsink before getting serious with this (just to minimize overheating risks as much as you can)

Leoballer83
06-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I would appreciated it ! So this software overclocks automatically ?

Woots
06-18-2012, 03:24 AM
This is a thermal compound roundup from 2011, but it's still very relevant (not much tech improvements in the world of thermal compounds)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274824-29-thermal-compound-roundup-2011

You will notice most of the top brands are all within a couple degrees of each other, so as long as you get a decent brand name one you will be fine.

If the heat sink on the video card is aluminum and not copper avoid the liquid metal (the silver colored compounds) they will eat through the aluminum.... stick the white compounds if it's aluminum

otherwise liquid metal compounds are the most efficient.

And yes those softwares have slider bars to adjust the clock speed... just install them and check them out.. laregly self expanatory. (installing software alone will not overclock anything though you need to set it)