PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Working Perfectly, help!

andoh666
06-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I think something is wrong with my G74SX. I keep reading these forums and see all these people having problems with their laptops. I think something is wrong with mine because it has worked perfectly since day one. I flashed the bios and it worked perfectly. I never have FPS slowdowns, I don't overclock and I play Skyrim and Second Life on full settings with no problems.

I think I have a broken laptop.

Zygomorphic
06-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Very cute :), good to know that. While so many people come here just to resolve their problems, which leads to a lopsided view of the quality of ASUS parts. I mean, seriously, how many companies have a forum where some awesome experts (@HiVizMan, @fostert, @chrsplmr,etc) who help the rest of us. While some people have real hardware problems, most can be resolved with a few tweaks to software. +1 rep!

zsld0423
06-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I think something is wrong with mine too :( Must be broken as well

Zygomorphic
06-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I guess I have a functional G53SX, it needed a few driver updates to work properly. Not mention, it needed a HDD and memory upgrade. :)

fostert
06-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Yes, I too am extremely disappointed in the lack of quality and the unreliability of my G74.

(double-negatives...;-) )

TripleZero
06-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Hold on a second. Think it's time for us to start a support group for those that have working laptops.

Peregrine
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Mine's broken, too.
My rubber feet keep falling off and I have to keep super gluing them. MAN what a POS I have!!!!

:)

Although, wait...
I did have one real problem. Forgot about it.
When my laptop arrived one of the arrow keys didn't work. I thought about returning it but I already had installed some games!!
So I called Asus. The tech told me I could send it in. For a keyboard? While on the phone I YouTubed replacing the keyboard and saw how easy it was. So I asked the guy: "can you just send me one?"
"Of course!"
Had it in 2 days and swapped it in 5 minutes.

Good customer service, too?!?!?!?!

DAMN YOU ASUS!!!!!!

:D

chrsplmr
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
When will Asus ever get it right and make sure that every last single one of these goes to RMA or dont ship it ...
Will the Madness never end ... And in the name of all that is technical Asus Please stop hiring Qualified people ?

Cudos to all involved in this thread ... Very well said .. Excellent.c.

Zygomorphic
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
We should keep this thread near the top of the listing...that way people know that some of us have had great luck with our ROG systems. We need them to know how much we envy their distress and uncertainty. ;) We love our un-incompetent ASUS customer service reps do we not, @Peregrine?

Wait! I had a problem with my system! The battery would not charge, though the charger was plugged into the notebook...then I realized the charger was not plugged into the wall. Come on, ASUS! When are you going to figure out wireless charging??? :D

dstrakele
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
We should keep this thread near the top of the listing...that way people know that some of us have had great luck with our ROG systems...

That's true... Unless it's made a Sticky, bumping the thread constantly will be the only way to keep it from being quickly pushed off the first page by the normal deluge of serious hardware and software issues. No one will know how lucky you really are...

gilbert
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
include me in this list my g74sx-bbk8 its working perfectly and for less then 900$ at best buy you cant beat it..........

Zygomorphic
07-06-2012, 09:10 PM
include me in this list my g74sx-bbk8 its working perfectly and for less then 900$ at best buy you cant beat it..........

ASUS, when can you learn how to stop making awesome hardware at awesome prices...

Some people never learn... ;)

TheBlackShogun
07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Wait, can I join this group?

You see, I had a problem with my lovely G74SX-RH71 here, but thanks to the help that a certain awesome forum goer gave me it's working perfectly. ;)

So does that make me a... half member?

Zygomorphic
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Wait, can I join this group?

You see, I had a problem with my lovely G74SX-RH71 here, but thanks to the help that a certain awesome forum goer gave me it's working perfectly. ;)

So does that make me a... half member?

Alright...we will...consider you a half member. Remember, this is a support group for those of us who have not managed to cause problems with their systems...we're in rehab. Try to graduate as soon as possible...remedial courses in "Operational Computer 101" and "Perfect Hardware Functionality 213" are a little tedious after a while. :p

TheBlackShogun
07-07-2012, 11:07 PM
LOL, alright.

Zygomorphic
07-07-2012, 11:51 PM
LOL, alright.

Hey everyone, I created a group for emotional support of those whose systems are working perfectly!
Link:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
Join and invite your friends with perfect-running systems.:)

n3tninja
07-08-2012, 03:56 AM
My laptop tooo :c. It runs so well, I think its infected with Gnomes.

Peregrine
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Wait... hold the presses.
I finally have a real problem...

I AM NOT GETTING ANY DAMN SLEEP BECAUSE I GAME AFTER MY SON GOES TO BED.
BF3 runs so well, I don't even realize it is 2AM until.... well... 2AM!
DAMN YOU ASUS!!!!
I need some sleep!

*yawn*....

380mcn
07-11-2012, 07:33 PM
I think something is wrong with my G74SX. I keep reading these forums and see all these people having problems with their laptops. I think something is wrong with mine because it has worked perfectly since day one. I flashed the bios and it worked perfectly. I never have FPS slowdowns, I don't overclock and I play Skyrim and Second Life on full settings with no problems.

I think I have a broken laptop.

Glad to read your experience.
I have several issues with the g74. Crappy touchpad, flickering on dark backgrounds, dead battery after 2 months.
Asus replaced everything but they did nothing regardind the scree flickering which is explained in other threads how to solve it.
After 3 months of 'tuning' the asus i have a pc working perfectly. Your experience from day 0 has been very good, mine wasn't. I had a bumpy start, but now everything if fine! as you can see, there are people complaining because they have issues, which it doesn't mean they weren't fixed with time!

Zygomorphic
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Glad to read your experience.
I have several issues with the g74. Crappy touchpad, flickering on dark backgrounds, dead battery after 2 months.
Asus replaced everything but they did nothing regardind the scree flickering which is explained in other threads how to solve it.
After 3 months of 'tuning' the asus i have a pc working perfectly. Your experience from day 0 has been very good, mine wasn't. I had a bumpy start, but now everything if fine! as you can see, there are people complaining because they have issues, which it doesn't mean they weren't fixed with time!

Wonderful! Sometimes we have to tinker, but it all comes right in the end! That is part of what this forum is about. Now you may join THE Perfect Hardware Support Group. See my sig. :) Also, having had problems, maybe you are more qualified to help people than those of us whose hardware worked perfectly from time 0.

andoh666
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Here I thought I would post something humorous about how great my laptop is after reading all those posts about problems with the G74SX.

I didn't think it would catch on like this, however!

I think I've created a monster. haha

Henrysyy
07-28-2012, 01:29 AM
Mines was fine when it came in . just one sticky key that was easily fixed physically .

Zygomorphic
07-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Mines was fine when it came in . just one sticky key that was easily fixed physically .

Great specs in your sig...read mine and join the club! You have a story to share in our thread! :)