PDA

View Full Version : Worthless RMA Techs?

Ephemeral
06-16-2012, 04:21 PM
So back in 08-09 I had my first ASUS laptop and had to RMA it due to a dead GPU; and while it was great back then has anyone noticed the complete lack of useful fixes these days? I mean I sent my 2nd (new) laptop away for a second RMA (The first was like 2 months in after getting it the GPU died in its entirety) since I got it (less then a year old?) and the only thing the useless tech there did was say 'you're running too many programs' to explain hard reboots (instant, no BSOD or dumps) and occasional black-screen boots ( like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsA7CNV4Sg ) and he went ahead and used windows startup config to turn off programs to start up and sent it back to me almost 3 weeks later.

To no surprise it began doing the same issues once again when I got it back and reinstalled it; and now that I've had to send it a second time I can't help but wonder if I made an immense mistake bothering to buy another ASUS (G73SW-A1)

Anyone else give input on this BS? I can't help but think ASUS just doesn't give much of a crap about their support anymore.

dstrakele
06-16-2012, 04:36 PM
You're running programs on your laptop? Well that's just askin' for trouble!

Seriously, if I was that tech's manager, I'd give him "the opportunity to relocate himself within the industry", as they say...

From what I've read on this forum, booting to a blank screen is a hardware issue. Some have resolved it by reseating the LVDS cable or GPU, but many others require repair. If you PM Mason@ASUS, he may be able to help with your RMA as he has with other ASUS laptop owners.