PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my new G75

mrhobbeys
06-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry I just saw that I put this in the wrong place. Would a mod be so kind as to move my post please.

I just got this from BestBuy, first I want to say I was not that happy with my Bestbuy experience, but that is another issue.

I love this new G75!

Is it possible to upgrade the DVD burner to a BluRay burner?

Is my screen 3D like some of the specs I have found say it is?

Should I have gotten any CD/DVDs in my box?

john_from_ohio
06-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I love this new G75!
Is it possible to upgrade the DVD burner to a BluRay burner?
Is my screen 3D like some of the specs I have found say it is?
Should I have gotten any CD/DVDs in my box?

1) Yes ... search around in the forum ... several threads about upgrading to a Panasonic UJ240 supposed to be easy install.
2) No ... not a 3d screen.
3) No CDs/DVDs supplied. Start by uninstalling asus live update and then from asus support site install the latest version of AI Recovery Utility then burn yourself a set of 3 RECOVERY DVDs. Do the upgrade to AI Recovery Utility first before burning otherwise you get a set of recovery DVDs that do not recover a 1 TB drive.

BrandeX
06-18-2012, 05:40 AM
However, you could get all that factory installed if you got your G75 from another retailer.

MICHELANGELO
07-03-2012, 02:30 AM
I have a G75VW-DS72 with the 256 SSD. I want to unpartition that hard drive. I was able to unpartition the 750 GB HDD, but not the SSD. Any suggestions?

ooopepper
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I was wondering about the cooling system. Where does it suck in the air? Would it be ok for it to be flat on a bed? I was wondering so I can prepare on how to set up my laptop