PDA

View Full Version : HELP! HDMI stopped working after trying to plug into tv...

Code
06-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi
I love my G74... and I usually hook it up to my computer screen through hdmi. Today I wanted to watch a movie through the tv, so I hooked the HDMI cable to the tv.... it did not work. It was as if there were some signal and then none. Then I grew suspicious that it might have been fried... why? Because my old laptop's hdmi port is fried and I never knew why. I could also hook that up to the tv years ago, but at some point the hdmi port stopped working, I never knew why. I THINK that because I tried to plug it into the hdmi port to my tv, that it has gotten fried... It doesn't work when I try to set it up to my computer screen anymore...

GOD DAMMIT IM ANNOYED. Will this be covered by Asus? Have anybody else EVER heard of this?

Code
06-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Okay I tried doing a windows system restore, that "kinda" fixed it. My HDMI isn't fried, because I am able to use my monitor again... however it is still bugged. When I plugged in my HDMI and turned on the computer and closed the lid, it would automatically switch to my monitor. It doesn't do that anymore :/

xeromist
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
You should be able to use the FN hotkey combination to change the display output. Are you not able to see any external picture or it is just duplicating the picture and you don't like that?

gilbert
06-18-2012, 10:54 PM
there is some options in Power options/change plan settings / change advanced power settings / power buttons and lid . u can change the option to what ever you want when you close the lid .....