PDA

View Full Version : Installing drivers.

Gumii
06-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Hello, I just got an ASUS G75 a few days ago, and as many people on here, I had some problem with the sound still coming through the speakers even when I have a headset plugged in.

It seems that the latest Audio Driver update "Version V6.0.01.10400" should solve the problem. Great.

But since I am actually particularly dumb, I'm not sure what I am supposed to do and wouldn't want to mess it up.

So, here am I, I downloaded the .zip file from the asus website, but i don't have the slightest clue about what I'm supposed to do with it.

So, please help ?

Cecil_2099
06-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Extract the .ZIP file to someplace you can access it easily (say the Desktop).

Then go to Control Panel and uninstall "VIA Platform Device Manager". When you uninstall it, make sure you check the little box next to "VIA HD Audio Codec Driver ....". The uninstall process will complete and prompt you to restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts go to the folder where you extracted your .ZIP file and double-click the "SETUP.EXE" file. This will run the installer for the 10400 version driver. Once the installation is complete it will prompt you to restart your computer.

You *may* have sound coming out of the speakers when the headset is plugged in after the upgrade. I did and so do some others, but it went away the second or third time I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Not sure why, but it is.

Hope that helps.

BrandeX
06-17-2012, 01:53 PM
10400 won't solve your problems. Mine came with that version default, and has the same sub issue as everyone else. Check the main thread here for more info.

kiba
06-17-2012, 10:54 PM
10400 won't solve your problems. Mine came with that version default, and has the same sub issue as everyone else. Check the main thread here for more info.
it solved all my problems... theres no way of knowing untill he tries it.