PDA

View Full Version : G73JW-3DE

jjacks1961
02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Hello all! I have a driver question. According to hwinfo, my laptop has a LG Phillips (unknown model: LGD02C5). My device manager list a generic pnp display. Now, everything works fine, but considering the driver listed in the dm is 2 years old seems out of place. I don't think 3d laptops were around then?

Anyways, is there a newer driver available? I have looked and cannot find it.

Thanks

Chastity@ASUS
02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
There is a link for the latest NVIDIA Driver & 3D Application CD on my Driver and Application Page in the stickies.

jjacks1961
03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Thank you Chastity, but I mis-stated the problem. Under display, I have the latest Nvidia drivers. It is the monitor that I have a question with.

My device manager:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/Jax1961/devicemanager.jpg

Is generic pnp monitor correct? I tried the driver update. It tells me I have the best driver installed. If this is correct, I will leave it alone.;)

Chastity@ASUS
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
That's just fine.

jjacks1961
03-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks Chastity. By the way, I've spent some time reading on the forums. You have done an outstanding job here. Most of the questions I had about my G73 were already answered in other posts. And your driver / application page saves a ton of time!

Chastity@ASUS
03-02-2011, 08:03 PM
TY for the support! :)

jjacks1961
03-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Two more questions Chastity, or anyone that can answer this. If you look at the attached picture, it lists several audio devices above the Realtek device:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/Jax1961/devicemanager3.jpg

All of the non Realtek devices are Microsoft (properties tab) in each instance. Is this right? I have un-installed all of the sound drivers / software twice. The MS devices re-install on restart. I then re-installed the realtek and thx software.

Last part of this. Under other devices it lists Nvidia stereo controller. Before this last re=install, I did install the nvidia audio software. I had some minor issues (mainly gaming). Sounded like static. Also, when I would plug in my usb headphones (plantronics gamecon-777) the speakers would not mute. Not a huge deal, just irritating. Anyway, do I need to install the drivers for this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chastity@ASUS
03-03-2011, 09:13 PM
That's NVIDIA's HDMI devices. You can download the new 267.24 package and do an express install. Should take care of that.

jjacks1961
03-04-2011, 09:19 AM
That's NVIDIA's HDMI devices. You can download the new 267.24 package and do an express install. Should take care of that.

All taken care of except the nvidia stereo controller. I picked express install. None the less, everything else seems to be working. I haven't checked the 3d glasses yet, but I will.