PDA

View Full Version : No HDMI Audio

Jath
06-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey guys,

Sitting here trying to get HDMI output to my TV to work, but there is absolutely no sound coming out of the TV. As you can see here (http://i.imgur.com/1pERX.png), control panel Does show the TV as an audio device, but if I right-click on it and test it, nothing. No sound. Nothing out of any other programs too. If I test the speaker option, it works on the laptop. But obviously I'd rather not watch things with sound coming out of the laptop.

Now I did have this problem with another laptop, so it seems like it's an issue with the TV. Though I haven't found ANY options in the TV at all. Other HDMI devices work with audio, so it's strange that this is the only one that doesn't.

I plan on trying another TV soon, but I don't have one readily at hand. So if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I did update nVidia drivers along with the HD Audio drivers with that based on another thread, but it didn't help. Followed this (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4476-g74sx-no-hdmi-audio) suggestion.

This is also a G74SX. Forgot to mention that.

zsld0423
06-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Have you tried setting the Sony TV-3 as both the default device and default communication device? I've had problems with getting sound out of different TV's before, and my quick-fix has always been to set it as both the defaults and it's worked fine for me

Jath
06-18-2012, 01:52 AM
zsld,

I did what you said and in the middle, the laptop came up with the overlay of "HDMI+Audio" or something similar, but still no audio output. When I do FN+F8, it still just shows LCD+HDMI.

Atoc Nada
06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I actually had this problem too on my G74SX.
Its an option in the Nvida Control Panel. I think its where you choose the Resolution. HDMi (Video, no Audio) or HDMi (Video & Audio). I Switched it to HDMi (Video & Audio) and my HDTV started playing my notebook's audio.
I hope it helps.

scuk1nho
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I actually had this problem too on my G74SX.
Its an option in the Nvida Control Panel. I think its where you choose the Resolution. HDMi (Video, no Audio) or HDMi (Video & Audio). I Switched it to HDMi (Video & Audio) and my HDTV started playing my notebook's audio.
I hope it helps.
Yes, this is how it working.

Jath
06-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I actually did check this already, and to make sure I was in the right area, here's a picture (http://i.imgur.com/Q1spd.png). I don't have the HDMI set up right now, so that's why it doesn't list it. But it usually did. I checked that a while back when I had to change underscanning and overscanning to get the picture to fit properly.

It's just weird because I'm pretty damn sure I have all the settings correct, but I only get video. Flawless video, at that.

MrRuckus
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Have you tried another HDMI port on the TV? I know on my Toshiba, HDMI Port 1 can use either analog sound or digital. You may want to try another HDMI port where that is not an option to where it can only use digital? I believe I have a setting in the TV though to choose which I want it to use.

You have 2 "default" devices which doesn't seem right. I would make sure you only have one default device to make sure windows is not trying to output to that other default device.

Jath
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
MrRuckus,

I will try the first thing you suggested when I can. Don't have control of the TV and haven't for a bit, so yeah.

The second piece of information I actually replied with in my second post here. I already made them both defaults and nothing.