PDA

View Full Version : G75 Display Driver Crash

Nogara
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Hello all,

I've been experiencing some problems with my display driver crashing consistently on my new G75. I have the GTX660M GPU, when running multiple instances of FFXI(Final Fantasy 11) when there's a graphics spike it seems to crash my driver. I figured maybe it was just the driver alone, so after reading through a number of threads here I reffered to one (Overclocking the GTX 660M) where it had a link to an unofficial driver 302.59I think, at work right now so can't remember exactly). I updated to this driver, but again when running multiple instances of the game, during a graphic spike it crashes my driver. So that's 2 different drivers it's crashing, I'm thinking maybe it's not a driver issue but perhaps something else? When running only 1 instance, I have 0 problems at all, for both drivers, and even overclocking I still run into the same issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as always, thank you.

Nogara
06-19-2012, 04:18 AM
Anyone have any suggestions at all?

ForCeV
06-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Have you tried to clean install?? when you install a driver, choose advanced and check below the box. That option is installing as a first time you install a driver. Tried it, and if you have no problem, your issue will be solved.

Nogara
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
What do you mean clean install? I downloaded the driver I was referring to into a seperate folder, uninstalled and deleted the old driver, restarted my laptop, ran the set up for the new driver and had it installed, restarted my laptop again. Everything was fine until I had multiple instances of FFXI running and it would crash.