PDA

View Full Version : Model Recommendations

BuddyFX
06-19-2012, 05:04 AM
I recently purchased the G75 from best buy and my ram from crucial would not install. The screen would not power on nor would the os boot, until I, of course, removed the ram. I was told, by crucial, to remove the old ram and install the new first, however doing so would void my limited warranty (which I'm sure sucks anyways).

Are these issues common due to not having the same memory across all slots or should I make a full refund and try to get a diff. model? or should I just say screw crucial ram and go w/ another option due to this being common? I was just thrown off by the process.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks :)

mrhobbeys
06-19-2012, 10:14 AM
After my experience I think you would be wise not to void your warranty.

This is by far the most I have ever spent on a laptop and tomorrow I will be taking mine in to exchange it (same model), although I have considered returning it and purchasing this same laptop from another vender so I can get better features like 16GB pre installed.

john_from_ohio
06-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I recently purchased the G75 from best buy and my ram from crucial would not install. The screen would not power on nor would the os boot, until I, of course, removed the ram.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks :)

Typically this is caused by not having the new RAM seated in fully ... it needs to really snap into place to have all the contacts correctly connected.

If you really have compatible RAM DDR3 1600 dual channel compatible and it is seated in correctly it should really work unless you have ( always possible ) some bad RAM.

My G75VW BBK5 has 8 more gig of samsung ram 1600 purchased at about 32 bucks for both sticks at microcenter.