PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Too Slow Start Up Issue !!!

Ponhkun
06-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Need help on my laptop startup time problem! My laptop is G74SX with 3D supported. The problem is after i press the power button to turn on the laptop, it got stuck in the black screen for a while between the Windows logo and the Windows welcome screen. I'm talking about black screen for 3 mins after the startup Windows logo disappeared and before the Windows welcome screen appear. This problem is really annoying. I think even if my hdd is normal 7200rpm it can not be that slow for the start up. there must be a problem. I noticed that there's maybe the cause of the problem: Kaspersky Internet Security, I set my screen refresh rate at 120 MHz all the time.

Please help!

scuk1nho
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Hello. Visit this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11363-Long-black-screen-during-cold-boot/page3 possible solutions at 4th page. Hope it helps.

gilbert
06-19-2012, 03:49 PM
you may want to see if installing a different vga driver solves your problem some of us get the long black windows boot up and installing a different vga driver solves the problem for me driver 268,37 fixed the problem good luck.

Ponhkun
06-20-2012, 08:59 AM
thxs guys for the help i'll get on with it