PDA

View Full Version : Fan speed is not able to under 50%

sodasodamac
06-19-2012, 10:28 PM
I want the fan to be around 20 or 30 percent while not playing, otherwise it is too noisy.
Why isnīt this possible. Even on manual it is never going lower than 50%. The card is a ASUS GeForce GT 630 2GB PhysX CUDA
Thanks in advance.

Sindorei
06-19-2012, 10:31 PM
You may need a 3rd party controller for that.

Most of the time Nvidia cards fans are set to automatic, that way if its under load it will bring the fan up to speed.

My suggestion is maybe try downloading a asus controller for the fan or look for a alternative.

I personally would recommend not even going below 50% but ehh thats just me =P

sodasodamac
06-20-2012, 05:42 PM
You may need a 3rd party controller for that.

Most of the time Nvidia cards fans are set to automatic, that way if its under load it will bring the fan up to speed.

My suggestion is maybe try downloading a asus controller for the fan or look for a alternative.

I personally would recommend not even going below 50% but ehh thats just me =P
Thanks, but I am using the software called Asus GPU Tweak already.
I am not sure I want the fan on 50% while reading mail or writing a Word document. I would like 20%, and 80% while playing games :-)

Anyone know about an alternative to Asus GPU Tweak?

el terrible
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Don't really know anything about the GT 630, but I can however confirm that I can change the fanspeed to anything I want with my GTX 580.. and no, it's not possible to change the fan controls on ASUS graphic cards (at least the ROG ones) with other programs than GPU Tweak, if that was possible I would have changed to MSI afterburner instead of this bad beta program a long time ago.