PDA

View Full Version : G75 Fan not on ?

davidh2495
06-21-2012, 02:56 AM
My newly bought g75's fans usage isn't turning on. I downloaded an app where it tells me the Fan and the laptop temperature but it says the usage is 0%. Please help guys ! I'm a total noob with laptops/computers :(

kiba
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
try downloading gpu-z & cpu-z and use the screenshot feature to post the results here. do you know if its the cpu or gpu fan? or both?

davidh2495
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
What do you want me to post? The sensor? and it seems as if both of them are off. I feel the hot air flowing out of the exhaust but the fan usage is still 0% when i game.

djdouglas
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I just installed CPU-Z and GPU-Z. I do not see any listings of the fan speeds. Also, using EVGA precision X I can see and control clock speeds, etc. However fan information is not showing anything.

xeromist
06-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm sure the fans are running or you would quickly overheat when gaming. For whatever reason it just seems that you can't get data on them. How are the temps?

kiba
06-21-2012, 11:12 PM
I just installed CPU-Z and GPU-Z. I do not see any listings of the fan speeds. Also, using EVGA precision X I can see and control clock speeds, etc. However fan information is not showing anything.
i could have sworn they had that information, although they do show temps which is helpful on finding out if the fan is running. nvm disregard my post lolz

davidh2495
06-21-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm sure the fans are running or you would quickly overheat when gaming. For whatever reason it just seems that you can't get data on them. How are the temps?

When i play HON ( Heroes of Newerth ) or Diablo 3 the temps range up to 50-60. I have the usually GPU monitor and it says my Fan usage 0%. Please tell me what i can do to turn the fans on :O Thanks for all the replies !!

dstrakele
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
As @xeromist explained earlier, your GPU fan IS ON. You would immediately overheat, exceed 114 C and shut down if the fan was not working when running a game like Diablo 3. The software is incorrect in this case. It is simply unable to detect GPU fan operation. From the temperatures you report, your cooling system is working as designed.

davidh2495
06-22-2012, 12:13 AM
As @xeromist explained earlier, your GPU fan IS ON. You would immediately overheat, exceed 114 C and shut down if the fan was not working when running a game like Diablo 3. The software is incorrect in this case. It is simply unable to detect GPU fan operation. From the temperatures you report, your cooling system is working as designed.

Oh okay thanks ! I'm not good with laptops so i didn't know what temperatures were good. Is 60 - 70 Celcius good when gaming? I'm probably gonna buy a cooling pad just in case. Do you know a reliable fan monitoring application? Thanks guys.

dstrakele
06-22-2012, 12:22 AM
You were smart - you identified a potential problem and immediately sought out an answer. Your reported temperatures are very good for a system under stress with a graphics intensive game. Keep monitoring your temperatures - they are much more important than fan speed.

Clean your fan filters and blow out the fan intakes and exhaust with compressed gas as routine weekly maintenance. If you start moving into the 90's C, its time to stop and find out why.

I use SpeedFan, but even it only detects "CPU Fan" speed. I suspect, but am not certain, there is not a separate sensor for the GPU fan.

john_from_ohio
06-22-2012, 12:34 AM
I use SpeedFan, but even it only detects "CPU Fan" speed. I suspect, but am not certain, there is not a separate sensor for the GPU fan.

One utility that shows fan speeds on G75VW is hwinfo64 ... you need to open the sensor window ( not default behavior ) and scroll down.

The G75VW has sensors for both fans separately and hwinfo64 will show rpms of both ... can graph them etc if wanted.

dstrakele
06-22-2012, 02:53 AM
+1 @john - The latest HWINFO64 is definitely the way to go... You can have it alert you with a sound and/or display if you exceed a configured CPU or GPU temperature (or any other sensor value), as well as choose to display chosen values in a moveable sidebar gadget and/or in the taskbar for easy monitoring.

Cecil_2099
06-22-2012, 04:47 AM
Beat me to it John. Here's the link to HWiNFO64:

http://hwinfo.com/download64.html
(http://hwinfo.com/download64.html)
It really is a great tool.