PDA

View Full Version : Screen flicker... How do I fix it?

NovusPhoto
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Hello all!

Recent member to the G75 family, having just bought the 75VW last week.

First thing I did was dump the factory OS as the bloatware drives me nuts, and I have my own configurations that I prefer to someone else's.

Anyways, I've had a lot of the standard issues on this thing that I've seen dominate the forums, and being fairly tech savvy, I've been able so solve all but two.. I could really use a bit of help on these two, as they continue to stump me.

First off, and most pressing, is that the screen flickers, much like the old CRT's used to, with the horizontal lines flickering from the top down through the bottom, visible more when you're not looking directly at the screen. It's more dominant on dark screens. I can post a video of it, if needed.

Second issue, relatively minor - often, when headphones are plugged in, the sub will still play, but quickly unplugging and plugging in the headphones again seems to fix it. I've done the 400 driver update, and it solved the other problems, but this one seems persistent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Robb M
Nanaimo, BC Canada

Here4Help
06-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Main thread on screen flickering:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-%28dark-backgrounds-and-low-brightness%29