PDA

View Full Version : Instant on thing is pissing me off

Kirill2525
06-23-2012, 08:02 AM
ok this is really pissing me off, this asus instant on thing changes my power settings back to default every time i restart my comp and it changes the mouse scroll wheel settings and the power button and lid options too. this is my laptop that i paid for so if i want to change the power settengs, let me do it. the dumb thing is that i uninstalled it and it still pops up. and i resently bluescrened for no reson. :mad:

kiba
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
yea, it kind of sucks, i like to shut the lid from time to time without having it go to sleep, especially plugged in. it forces me to carry it around the house/office w/ the lid half up sometimes.

dstrakele
06-23-2012, 01:07 PM
That's rich! The computer is telling YOU what to do. I think this is just a start. One it's turned you into an obedient zombie, it'll attempt to take over the world...

Arvinaaaaa
06-23-2012, 01:36 PM
just uninstall it, and get on with life :p

john_from_ohio
06-23-2012, 02:45 PM
just uninstall it, and get on with life :p

...the dumb thing is that i uninstalled it and it still pops up ... ( see original posting ) ...

Kirill2525
06-23-2012, 03:19 PM
its not only the lid thing, as i said it changes the power button settings and what really annoys me is that every time i restart my comp it makes the scroll wheel jump 50 pages in one click. so i have to go into pointer options every time, and i dont like the battery levels and other stuff in the deafault settings. im tempted to just sell this thing. i dont feel like its even mine anymore like im on gest mode and asus is the admin.

Kirill2525
06-23-2012, 03:21 PM
not to mention the grammer is off lol "We had [to] change it back" im really dissapointed in asus. first the speaker issue now this. WTF guys

dstrakele
06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm tellin' ya - it's all part of their plan for world domination...

I'd probably give CCleaner a shot at completing the "Instant On" UNistallation or go searching around the registry myself. But I won't recommend it unless you know what you're doing and have a backup.

You could also elect to do a clean Windows 7 installation and avoid this nonsense altogether...

Kirill2525
06-24-2012, 02:02 AM
ya fcuk the reinstalation cuz it took me too long to set up all this siht and i dun have the disk anyway. it gets better tho, my modem broke and as soon as i got that replaved, i fcuked up my router and it will take 2 weeks to get that replaced so i made a hole in my wall and my bookshelf so i can conect my lappy to lan in my room but i didnt ask my mom so when she gets home shell be like wtf and shell get pissed, lol

dstrakele
06-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Reminds me of what my Dad told me when I was in High School... He said "Son, don't ever get married - and if you do, don't EVER have children!"

Kirill2525
06-25-2012, 12:32 PM
i dont mind having kids, as long as i never know about them :3

boofsterb
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
ok this is really pissing me off, this asus instant on thing changes my power settings back to default every time i restart my comp and it changes the mouse scroll wheel settings and the power button and lid options too. this is my laptop that i paid for so if i want to change the power settengs, let me do it. the dumb thing is that i uninstalled it and it still pops up. and i resently bluescrened for no reson. :mad:

I was having a problem with instant on not showing days of standby so i uninstalled with the intention to re-install now it wont re-install. I keep getting this message when trying to install "Your Computer doesnt have the instant on support support built in. The installation procedure is interrupted."

I have a Asus G75VW-DH73

finalhour
12-10-2012, 12:48 AM

LOL the broken english...reminds me of the asus responses on here...

Kirill2525
12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Its not broken English, i just have my own font.

finalhour
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Its not broken English, i just have my own font.

Not youuuu the broken english in the photo you posted!

Kirill2525
12-10-2012, 08:37 PM
oh lol sorry i miss understood ( i think thats over 10 characters)

SkilletIsRollen
12-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Honestly the best thing you can do is perform a clean install of Windows. It does make the power switcher button not work, but it's worth it to remove all the useless bloatware