PDA

View Full Version : G73SW Screen Black (game still running)

Djecker
06-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey guys

I have a G73SW that's been pretty hassle-free for me for the 12 months or so. Recently (today) however I've been having some problems with the screen. Specifically while playing some games, the screen goes black while the game is still running in the background (the computer does not crash). I can hear it. I can't alt-tab (screen stays black). I can put the computer to sleep (via putting the screen down) and coming back to it and the display comes back...and then goes again. Its very frustrating.

Since this has happened for multiple games and hence is likely related to the computer itself I thought I'd come here and ask you guys if there's something I can do to fix it?

Edit: Also, weirdly, sometimes when I tilt the screen backwards or forwards, the display comes back. But I don't think its a loose connection because the screen doesn't go randomly black, it only happens with certain games, in-game.

dstrakele
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
It appears to be a hardware issue, since manipulating the lid changes behavior. I suspect it may be heat dependent, requiring expansion to cause a contact to disconnect. That's why it happens only during games.

If you connect the laptop to an HDTV and it does not go black, you may need to reseat the LVDS cable connection. If the HDTV also loses video, it may be necessary to reseat the GPU.

NicoPad
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem. Did the solution above work ? And if it did can we have a little more info on how to proceed please. never opened a notebook before...

Thanks

When i connect to HDTV the screen does go black but not at the same time then lcd.