PDA

View Full Version : Xonar Essence One - defective power button!

Psychor
06-25-2012, 04:17 AM
Months ago I ordered a new Xonar Essence One from Amazon. It came with a defective power button (e.g., the spring behind the button had been knocked out of place and I could not repair it myself). I returned the defective unit and received a second new Xonar Essence One. This new unit has been fine for months until recently. I just went to turn the unit off and the power button would not depress. No matter what I did the button would not release to allow me to turn off the unit. Eventually, I got the power button to depress after fooling with it a dozen or so times. I opened the unit and could not see any obvious reasons for this issue.

I wish the QC was better considering the price of this unit. Two new units BOTH with the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

cyberstorm
09-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately, I have just seen this problem as of today - and considering it is a unit in the range of 400-500 i find it very bad. The power button can still press and depress, but it has become loose in some internal fitting, meaning that it tilts some 20-30 degrees downwards when pressed to the on position. When you grab the button it can tilt those 20-30 degrees in any direction.

I do not want to open the unit as there is still warranty on it, but I find it quite bad that the Quality Control at ASUS's production facilities have used such low quality components for fitting, that that button comes loose after light usage for 3-5 months.

Does anyone know the exact return procedures for a defective item (I will look it up myself of course - just if anyone knew it off the top of their heads ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards : Cyberstorm.

Psychor
09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately, I have just seen this problem as of today - and considering it is a unit in the range of €400-500 i find it very bad. The power button can still press and depress, but it has become loose in some internal fitting, meaning that it tilts some 20-30 degrees downwards when pressed to the on position. When you grab the button it can tilt those 20-30 degrees in any direction.

I do not want to open the unit as there is still warranty on it, but I find it quite bad that the Quality Control at ASUS's production facilities have used such low quality components for fitting, that that button comes loose after light usage for 3-5 months.

Does anyone know the exact return procedures for a defective item (I will look it up myself of course - just if anyone knew it off the top of their heads ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards : Cyberstorm.

You will need to submit a support ticket. Then expect to wait a week or so for a reply. :(