PDA

View Full Version : Power button on G75VW-DS72

ICEMAN 316
06-25-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm trying to set the power button to the shut down option in Windows but every time Windows restart it reverts the power button back to the sleep option. I've tried it ten times already with no luck. I never had this problem with any of my other computers. Can you guys give me any advise on this issue? Thanks.

kiba
06-25-2012, 10:05 AM
see the poll on page one... hehe

Bills86e
07-14-2012, 09:21 PM
What is the button next to the power on/off button, and what does it do?

I'm new, working my way around this site to learn what all the keyboard & these two buttons do. (I have a new DS-72)
Haven't found "page 1, poll" either.

dstrakele
07-15-2012, 12:00 AM
The ROG button next to the Power On button allows you to switch among the 4 Power4Gear Power Management Profiles. It cycles throgh them as you press the ROG button.

As I understand it, the stock ASUS power management applications rely on specific settings and do not allow these to be changed.

Personally, I have a clean Windows 7 installation without any ASUS Bloatware apps and do not encounter these issues.

Bills86e
07-15-2012, 02:15 AM
So My machine is a G75VW-DS72. It runs like fuel injected. But hey, My '62 corvette has fuel injection stock!
Can I press it a few times to see what happens? Are the gears like a transmission? Is this machine button the TURBO?
I can't find any info on it. First time this baby is outa the garage today! I'm a Green Weed and learning.

dstrakele
07-15-2012, 03:19 AM
You should have both a hard copy manual and a .PDF manual in C:\eSupport\eManual or similar path. You can even download a copy of the manual from the ASUS Support Download site for the G75VW.

The Power4Gear Power Management profiles allow for better performance at the expense of battery life. Go ahead and cycle through Battery Saver, Quiet Office, Entertainment, and Performance. Just keep her between the white lines on your side of the road...