PDA

View Full Version : G75 Ventilation Question

Djropi
06-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

Quick question regarding the ventilation of the g75vw-ds72 model. I have been running a few tests with games such as battlefield bad company 2 and have noticed that most if not all of the hot air being expelled from the g75 is from the back right vent. When I put my hand behind the left vent I feel practically no air, and just wanted to confirm if this is normal or if something is backing up the left vent? Other programs such as After Effects and anything intensive produce similar results.

Using the cpuid monitor the temperatures seem to be maxing out at 80 C for the video card, averaging around 74-76. The i7 cores list around the same temperature as the video card, which seems a bit high but I have been told BC2 is very CPU intensive. A little clerification would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :)

Cecil_2099
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Run Prime95 and Furmark at the same time to see if both fans turn on over time. Use latest version of HWiNFO64 to track CPU and GPU temps and fan speeds. If the left exhaust port doesn't have any airflow, then that's not a good sign and you may have a fan failure.

dstrakele
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Quick question regarding the ventilation of the g75vw-ds72 model. I have been running a few tests with games such as battlefield bad company 2 and have noticed that most if not all of the hot air being expelled from the g75 is from the back right vent. When I put my hand behind the left vent I feel practically no air, and just wanted to confirm if this is normal or if something is backing up the left vent?

It's normal...If you shine a light in the "left" vent, you'll see it's all for show. The battery is back there, so the left vent is strictly for appearance sake and has no cooling functionality.

Djropi
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Really?

I will try the benchmark you mentioned Cecil, but do those temperatures sound pretty normal? For contrast Deus Ex: HR seems to be using much more of the graphics card while the cores do not seem to go above 70 C.

dstrakele
06-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Looks like I got that wrong. I was thinking the G75 ventilation was similar to the G55, but it's not.

Cecil_2099
06-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Really?

I will try the benchmark you mentioned Cecil, but do those temperatures sound pretty normal? For contrast Deus Ex: HR seems to be using much more of the graphics card while the cores do not seem to go above 70 C.

Those seem to be in spec more or less. Here's a link to a thread that's been started to have people post their temps:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17625-G75-G55-Temperatures&country=&status=

(http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17625-G75-G55-Temperatures&country=&status=)My system's GPU temp maxes out at 70 but others have reported theirs as being a little higher, so I'm not sure if it's a matter of production assembly (some may have a little more thermal paste or be seated better than others) or ambient temperatures. My cores on the other hand top out at 83 under Prime95.

kiba
06-26-2012, 01:31 AM
i was thinking the same thing this weekend, because the fans on the g75 are so quiet compared to my g73 & g74. heres what i did, pop off the plastic fan covers bit leave the dust filters on. place the notebook on top of a glass table or something similar. start up furmark, or a game like bf2 or skyrim and let it run for a while and watch the fans. the gpu fan on the right side (facing front) will stay on full blast pretty much the whole time, while the cpu fan on the left will cycle between low and high speeds depending on load.

if you dont want to pop the plates off just put your ear up to the vents. you can hear the fans and feel them.

kiba
06-26-2012, 01:35 AM
It's normal...If you shine a light in the "left" vent, you'll see it's all for show. The battery is back there, so the left vent is strictly for appearance sake and has no cooling functionality.

i know, that annoys me so much on the g74 lol.