PDA

View Full Version : Help! I flashed my BIOS and now canít turn on my G73JH

Galactica
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi

I wanted to update my Vbios and had read that it was recommended to have 209 as BIOS. My BIOS was 206, so I downloaded the 209 from Asus support and used EasyFlash from the BIOS to update.

After flashing the computer it turned off and now I canīt get it running. No power at all!

What to do? :(

xeromist
03-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Have you tried removing the battery and unplugging the power?

Galactica
03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes.

The light bulb only flicks very short and no signs of power at all.

xeromist
03-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Probably a bad flash then. It's rare but it happens. Is it under warranty?

asusrog
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I need help tooooo......I've just tried to update my bios from 209 to 213 using in bios Ez flash and a usb drive formatted to fat 32.
in the process the laptop is bricked. it wouldn't post the bios at all.
when i push the power button all the blue lights , light up. i.e power, twinturbo, display mode, stealth mode, num lock, caplock (lights only)... keyboards lights do not light up.... fans are powered on, hardrive dvd is also powered on.... charging light lights up... and that's it.....i've tried taking out the battery, resetting through pin hole... no avail. my G73 is bricked and out of warranty ... what should I do?

asusrog
03-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I've just tried to update my bios from 209 to 213 using in bios Ez flash and a usb drive formatted to fat 32.
in the process the laptop is bricked. it wouldn't post the bios at all.
when i push the power button all the blue lights , light up. i.e power, twinturbo, display mode, stealth mode, num lock, caplock (lights only)... keyboards lights do not light up.... fans are powered on, hardrive dvd is also powered on.... charging light lights up... and that's it.....i've tried taking out the battery, resetting through pin hole... no avail. my G73 is bricked and out of warranty ... what should I do?
Is there any way to "crisis recovery" ?

Mark Dano
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Throw that outside the window =D

Slithster
03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I am in the same boat. I sent it in for repair even though they said it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I have heard the horror stories about bricked machines, but having flashed hundreds of Asus mobos over the last 15 years, this is the first time I have actually witnessed it. Of course, it was my personal machine.

69_Goat
03-14-2011, 12:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Easyflash in the bios is used to update the motherboard bios, not the vbios.

To update the vbios, you need to use ATIFlash for ATI graphics cards, or NVFlash for Nvidia graphics cards.

I looked through the tutorials posted in the forums, and didn't see any mention of Easyflash.

Galactica
03-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Never got my machine to run myself. Did RMA it to ASUS and got it home today. Got a new MB and BIOS is now 211.

Sounds like the fans is running at full speed now. Very noisy!

[0b0e]
03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
- Save the Bios on a flash drive.

- Turn off keyboard lights, as well as blue bar light under screen and blue lights on the 3 buttons top left of keyboard (Is this necessary? I really have no idea, but this is exactly what I did).

- Stick the flash drive back into a USB port and restart the notebook.

- When you see the Asus splash screen, press the F2 key to enter Bios.

- In the Bios, navigate to the Advanced tab.

- In Advanced tab, select "Start Easy Flash" (should already be selected), and hit enter.

- This should bring you to the Asus Tek. Easy Flash Utility page.

Under "Current Platform" you should have your current Bios (I took this image after I had done the update).

- Navigate to the right middle pane, and select G73JhAS.209 (or whatever version you want to flash to and is on the flash drive), and hit enter.

- It will ask "Do you want to update BIOS", and give you options "Yes and No".

- Obviously, select Yes, and the update will begin, and run through to completion.

- When finished, the notebook will shut down, and you're done.

- Go ahead and restart your notebook, which should now have the new, updated Bios.