PDA

View Full Version : Using Asus G55VW connected to the electrisity without the battery

Dinamita
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi guys ,
I have a small question , if i connect my asus g55vw to the electricity wihtout the battery being connected , can the laptop be damaged in any way?
also , if there is no problem using the laptop without the battery, how many times per week i need to charge and discharge the battery to keep it working good?
thanks in advance.

dstrakele
06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Here's an article that will help: http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/Battery_max.htm

I've been running my G74SX-A1 without the battery installed for 2 months. Once a month, I install the battery, fully charge it as I use the laptop, then drain it to 50%, again as I use the laptop, and put it away.

Dinamita
06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
thanks alot dstrakele, ill probably follow your way , and charge it once a month .
does anyone have more recommendations ? or had any bad expirience that i should know ?
thanks again :)

Scrodus
06-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Not that I think it would be a common problem, I'll mention just because you're asking ;)

A while back, I had an HP laptop that I decided I would remove the battery from and run from AC. One time, I wasn't paying attention to how I put the laptop down on a desk and something metal hit the battery receptors on the machine. This blew out the laptop and I ended up losing the machine. Again, I don't think it's a common problem and could be easily avoided. I'm apparently a special kind of idiot :o

Cecil_2099
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I would also think a random power outage while your laptop is running without the battery could lead to potential damage to the HDD at the very least.