PDA

View Full Version : G75VW - Good News!

smart-ass24-7
06-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Greetings all,

I have just received my new Asus ROG G75VW and I want to give some good news and some hope to those out there who come on the forums and see page after page of negativity.

I have only had it for a day at this point so everything has not yet been tested (I haven't had a look at the audio issue for example). However The laptop is running like a dream. I've uninstalled EVERY piece of ASUS bloatware i could find and removed mcafee and added avast.

I just wanted to add this to the forums because I know that I was worrying about buying one of these laptops after reading the forums so I wanted to try and put some happy news to try and balance out the negativity.

I will say that i do notice the fuzziness on the screen with white backgrounds like has been posted in the forums here, but it's about to the same degree as having an iPad 2 with a screen protector on it (for all of you who can make that comparison). So not terrible.

It's also worth noting that I haven't stress tested the laptop yet, so I will keep everyone updated as I thrash this thing :cool:

BrandeX
06-30-2012, 01:16 PM
I'll just chip in to counterbalance and negative posts and say that yes, mine G75 is perfect as well (other than the subwoofer actually being a center channel thing).

chrsplmr
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
ThankYou much for the mini-reviews .. frustration defies common logic when it is 'them'
. For the few that fall through the cracks..'we' are here ...
4,000,000+ sold in the first quarter 2012 ? And you two have the 'Only' two that work ? .. amazing.c.

smart-ass24-7
07-01-2012, 03:11 AM
So I've had this laptop for ~24Hrs at this point (not a large sample size I know but a data point none the less). I have run the laptop through it's paces and I have to say that i'm still amazed by the speed of this thing.

I ran an overnight burn-in test, and yesterday I ran furmark 1.10.1 for a couple of hours and Everything was stable, temps were within permissable range (I believe it got into the high 70's with furmark). Also ran a memtest for 3 passes, no faults.

As far as gaming goes, I played 4 hours of D3 this morning on full graphics, anti-aliasing, full shading etc and I was quite happily killing azbodan at 50-70FPS with GPU at 52 degrees Celsius and CPU at 58 degrees Celsius.

This really is a testament to this laptop, and again I want to comfort any fence sitters that this IS an amazing product and there are good reviews out here among what appears to be a throng of negativity. (i'm not saying that the negativity doesn't exist but i'm not convinced that the forums are an accurate sample size given that people tend to go onto forums for help rather than to compliment, which is where I come in :D)

Holy
07-01-2012, 03:24 AM
good glad you enjoy it.

linolear
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
i got a pretty good one too...
few weeks after i bought it, the gpu driver crashed, but once i updated the driver, and its been a month after i updated it (with the laptop always on 24/7 with only a couple week once, i reboot it, it havent crashed ever since.

and about the subwoofer thingy, i encounter the same problem, but once i update the driver the sound got better, but anyway i mostly use a headset even just for watching youtube and such, so its wasnt actually a big deal for me, and anyway for this matter... what do you expect anyway from a laptop's speaker.

EDIT : oh yeah, mine is DS71 also, same with Holy's with the +120gb SSD except the purple keyboard mod.

MPelissari
07-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Well well... I had some driver issues or should i say only software issue related so no hardware and after i have found the correct driver for my, it is running like a charm.....!!!