PDA

View Full Version : How to clean instally Windows7 on GPT partition label(current hard disk type)

ForCeV
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
My question is How to clean instally Windows7 on GPT partition label(current hard disk type).

Should I format as a MBR partition label?? I know it is releated with UEFI feature on newest motherboad function..

So I 'd like to know how can I stay GPT partion type , and clean install Windows7 on GPT Partition.

PS> I have a Windows 7 Home premium SP1 MSDN version. but when I boot this the message shows me I can't format this type... so....

1. I d like to stay GPT partion.
2. I want to clean install windows 7 on GPT partition with my current windows 7 version.

Thanks.

Redking117
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
I tried to clone the 1TB Samsung drive (Why, asus, WHY) to my 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid.

The first time it stopped readin the drive entirely in bios and read in other computers as GPT protected

So I force cloned it EXACTLY over (1TB to 500GB LOLOLOL) and it now reads but does not boot. It says I need the original Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disc that ASUS TOTALLY included in the package!!!

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I'm dropping ASUS and going MSI after this.

Way too many let downs.