PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed Regarding ASUS G75VW

sushrukh
07-03-2012, 03:05 AM
Dear Mr. Richard / MarshallR & all my ROG lovers ,

I have an urgent situation & need immediate help from you.I Live in India & am a long time ROG user.

I just purchased the ASUS G75VW-DS71 from an USA merchant & want to ship the laptop to me In India by DHL Express courier service.

But the problem is that , the shipping company requires that i MUST provide an MSDS ( Material Safety Data Sheet ) for the Lithium Battery of the laptop.I also called DHL USA & they also said that this MSDS Must be provided in the package otherwise the package will be detained/held in the customs.

I tried calling ASUS USA two times but they are simply unable to understand my accent.

Please help me Sir.This laptop is my dream laptop & costed me $2000 United States Dollars.And I am unable to ship the laptop to me without this MSDS document.

Kindly Please help me finding this document or otherwise i will have to loose a $2000 worth of laptop & i may have to commit a suicide if that happens.

I need your urgent help in this because this is the only place i could get hold of an ASUS Staff like you & am really expecting a positive reply from you.

Please let me know from where can i get this MSDS form for the laptop's Li-ion battery.DHL USA told me that the manufacturer of the product should be able to provide you this MSDS form.

I'm waiting for your kind & early reply Sir.Please help me.

Thank You.

My E Mail Address is :- peti1212@gmail.com

Please reply back to me as soon as possible.

Thank You.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Also if any member have any info where to find this , Please do let me know.I will be highly obliged & Thankful to you.

Holy
07-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Send a message to Marshall@asus he should be able to help.

sushrukh
07-03-2012, 04:29 AM
Send a message to Marshall@asus he should be able to help.

I have already sent a PM to him & he just replied that he will try what he can do.I really really do hope i get this because i can't afford loosing a $2000 laptop + International shipping + customs & finally seeing my laptop getting confiscated by the customs because of missing documents such as MSDS.

I will anxiously wait to see if Marshall can help me out in this.

Btw Holy, i purchased the exact same model which you have.

Thanks for your reply.

Liquidus
07-03-2012, 04:44 AM
Sir, your life is worth more than a $500,000 laptop.

sushrukh
07-03-2012, 04:50 AM
Sir, your life is worth more than a $500,000 laptop.

Maybe but i just won't be able to afford to loss this kind of huge money which took several years for me to save.

Thanks for your reply.

BrandeX
07-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Since your laptop wasn't made in the US, distributors there may not have such documents. I'd check with Asus directly.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw

sushrukh
07-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Since your laptop wasn't made in the US, distributors there may not have such documents. I'd check with Asus directly.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw

Looks like you didn't read my first post properly.This IS purchased in US & is an US model.?Thanks.

Brian_ROG
07-03-2012, 04:56 PM
To be OSHA compliant, Asus should have available the MSDS for the Lithium-Ion Battery Packs for all of products they sell. I tried doing a search for the battery pack (Asus Li-Ion Battery Pack A42-G75) and MSDS and there are a number of MSDS available for Li-ion Batteries, however not for this exact model.

I hope you can get in contact with someone from Asus to help you with this matter. It doesn't seem like something to difficutlt to fix for you, as this information should be available in case of an emergency situation.

Redking117
07-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Looks like you didn't read my first post properly.This IS purchased in US & is an US model.?Thanks.

Are your customs officers really so smart as to know the difference between an Asus G74 and G73 or Lamborgini model?

sushrukh
07-04-2012, 08:38 AM
To be OSHA compliant, Asus should have available the MSDS for the Lithium-Ion Battery Packs for all of products they sell. I tried doing a search for the battery pack (Asus Li-Ion Battery Pack A42-G75) and MSDS and there are a number of MSDS available for Li-ion Batteries, however not for this exact model.

I hope you can get in contact with someone from Asus to help you with this matter. It doesn't seem like something to difficutlt to fix for you, as this information should be available in case of an emergency situation.

I also tried calling ASUS US & ASUS India Technical Support but neither of them have any idea what an MSDS is. :(

sushrukh
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Are your customs officers really so smart as to know the difference between an Asus G74 and G73 or Lamborgini model?

Maybe not but I can't take the risk because if they open the package ( they do it regularly ) , the model number should be clearly written on the box right ?

Anyone here ever shipped any Laptop from US to any other country ? Were they went successfully ?

Problem is , the US shipping forwarder i'm using to bring this in my country says , they will not in any way declare that there is a Lithium Battery Inside.Because if they do , they will not be able to ship the item by Air.

Now if they don't declare the Lithium-Ion Battery , i can't include the MSDS form & then customs may hold/detain the package because of not declaring the battery.

I think , i'm screwed now. :(

BrandeX
07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Read more carefully. As I said, these PC's are not MADE in the USA. They may not have such documents available from distributors there.

kiba
07-05-2012, 12:59 AM
man, customs really take their jobs seriously

BrandeX
07-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Maybe not but I can't take the risk because if they open the package ( they do it regularly ) , the model number should be clearly written on the box right ?

Anyone here ever shipped any Laptop from US to any other country ? Were they went successfully ?

Problem is , the US shipping forwarder i'm using to bring this in my country says , they will not in any way declare that there is a Lithium Battery Inside.Because if they do , they will not be able to ship the item by Air.

Now if they don't declare the Lithium-Ion Battery , i can't include the MSDS form & then customs may hold/detain the package because of not declaring the battery.

I think , i'm screwed now. :(
Tell them to toss the battery, and ship the rest. Get another battery later.

electric0ant
07-05-2012, 06:27 AM
i am confused, isn't the merchant shipping the laptop responsible for the MSDS?
who did you buy it from? any of the authorised resellers should be able to help you (hidevolution, exotic pc etc)

also last i heard it was only USPS which banned shipping of lithium batteries, not heard anything about couriers requiring such documents before.

also if they cannot ship the laptop without the msds can't you just cancel the order since the item has not been shipped? why would you be losing money?

sushrukh
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
i am confused, isn't the merchant shipping the laptop responsible for the MSDS?
who did you buy it from? any of the authorised resellers should be able to help you (hidevolution, exotic pc etc)

also last i heard it was only USPS which banned shipping of lithium batteries, not heard anything about couriers requiring such documents before.

also if they cannot ship the laptop without the msds can't you just cancel the order since the item has not been shipped? why would you be losing money?

I called DHL USA & they said MSDS is required to ship a package which contains a Li-Ion Battery.And the laptop has already been shipped on 28th June & delivered to my US address on 29th June.So, can't cancel the order now as the item is already with my US shipping forwarder ( www.nybox.com ) .

See the requirements of shipping a Li-Ion battery with DHL here :- http://www.dhl.dk/content/dam/downloads/dk/express/batteries_overview_2010_uk.pdf

waynes26
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Did you look at sending it by FedEx, http://www.fedex.com/jp_english/about/local/servicenews/lithium_batteries.html

sushrukh
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Did you look at sending it by FedEx, http://www.fedex.com/jp_english/about/local/servicenews/lithium_batteries.html

Yes i did but the requirements are kind of same.Here you can see that :- http://www.fedex.com/downloads/jp_english/packagingtips/lithium/batteries_single_rechargeable.pdf

A Lithium-Ion Battery label must be present on the shipping box as you can see from the above document but nybox.com will not in any way declare the battery.

waynes26
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry looks like you may be in the doooo

sushrukh
07-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Can somebody who are in US can give Fed-Ex a call on their toll-free number 1.800.463.3339 & ask them if shipping a laptop with Lithium-Ion Battery from New York to Calcutta (India) is allowed or not & if allowed there is any special documentation needed ?

If you have the time only.

Thanks. :)

waynes26
07-05-2012, 10:37 AM
This may be a dumb question i assume that you have rang the Calcutta number.

229 Ajc Bose Road West
Bengal
CALCUTTA 700017
Tel: -5197.67248
Fax: 91-33-44000490

sushrukh
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
This may be a dumb question i assume that you have rang the Calcutta number.

229 Ajc Bose Road West
Bengal
CALCUTTA 700017
Tel: -5197.67248
Fax: 91-33-44000490

Yes actually they are noob in this matter.And asked me to contact Fed-Ex India Toll Free Technical support instead.I tried calling to several Fed-Ex representatives & all of them ( 5 person ) told me that there will be no problems in bringing in a laptop with li-ion battery.

But Fed-Ex USA says , i can't ship a Li-ion battery from New York to Calcutta & it's restricted.

Whom to believe ?

waynes26
07-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Cant help you much more, may be someone in the US can help. Hope you get your G75 soon.

sushrukh
07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Cant help you much more, may be someone in the US can help. Hope you get your G75 soon.

Thanks.I hope so too. :)

sushrukh
07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Looks like Fed-Ex is more confident about shipping the Li-Ion battery.DHL employees gave me contradictory opinions.Some said it can be shipped , some said it can't be shipped at all.But all the Fed-Ex India employees i contacted to , said that it can be shipped without any problem.

So, i'll be going with Fed-Ex because they are more positive about this than DHL although Fed-Ex will cost me around $60 more.

I will let you guys know the outcome.Thank you very much for taking the time out to reply & help. :)

Redking117
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I would have them ship the battery separately JUST IN CASE that way you will have your $2000 laptop - a $100 battery, not so big of a loss if the battery is held by customs.

BrandeX
07-06-2012, 05:40 AM
If you ever want to call someone in the US or Canada, anyone in the world can do so over the internet for free through Gmail.

electric0ant
07-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I called DHL USA & they said MSDS is required to ship a package which contains a Li-Ion Battery.And the laptop has already been shipped on 28th June & delivered to my US address on 29th June.So, can't cancel the order now as the item is already with my US shipping forwarder ( www.nybox.com ) .

See the requirements of shipping a Li-Ion battery with DHL here :- http://www.dhl.dk/content/dam/downloads/dk/express/batteries_overview_2010_uk.pdf

ah right! that explains a lot more. I can see from the other replies that you are now going to ship with fedex. just to let you know my G55Vw was shipped from US to Hong Kong directly from hidevolution.com by fedex without a lithium ion battery warning sticker on the outside of the shipping packaging. all arrived ok without any issues.

next time i would prob advise you buy from one of the sellers who ship internationally. shipping cost was reasonable and saves the hassle of all this!

sushrukh
07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I would have them ship the battery separately JUST IN CASE that way you will have your $2000 laptop - a $100 battery, not so big of a loss if the battery is held by customs.

I would but as per as I know , all the laptops will still have a CR2032 Button Cell lithium battery on their motherboards & i'm not sure , the restriction applies to that battery also or not.Because that is also a Lithium battery.And removing this CR2032 battery from a Laptop's motherboard isn't possible for a shipping forwarder because that will void the warranty.

sushrukh
07-06-2012, 11:04 AM
If you ever want to call someone in the US or Canada, anyone in the world can do so over the internet for free through Gmail.

In my country , Google Voice is not available. :(

sushrukh
07-06-2012, 11:06 AM

In my country , Google Voice is not available. :(