PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G73SW "Reboot and select proper boot device"

tnguyen733
07-03-2012, 07:48 AM
I keep getting this issue and I have no idea what to do... HELP PLEASE!

gilbert
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
i usually get that after a clean OS install then i just go in to bios and change my boot order to the SSD , did you just did a clean install or did you replace your HDD?

Crownlol
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I had that problem once after a party. I thought someone had spilled on my comp and nearly went nuts.

However, after a full takedown of my system I made a surprising discovery: on PCB with the SATA connectors, there was blue corrosion!

It looked like perhaps a capacitor had blown or leaked, and killed the PCB. I was able to locate a replacement SATA connector for the board, and when it arrived I hooked up my drive. Everything worked fine, the replacement SATA connector board cost me $5.

If your machine is warranty, you might want to send it in to ASUS to fix, but if not, check your motherboard. I saved myself hundreds by doing a little detective work.

♥Crown

dstrakele
07-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/126363-weird-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-problem.html and see if the OS partition on your laptop needs to be marked as "active" and then repaired.