PDA

View Full Version : G73JW screen

iams
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
why is my screen get yellowish and then starts to flicker then some of my windows application (e.g windows explorer) shadows appears on the desktop also the icon. and the whole screen got like a cloth like...

this happens when i'm playing games or in internet. Also while playing, a blue line appears on the left side of screen

can anyone help me

guardian7071
10-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Hello, i have got exactly the same problem since a week! I don't know why this happens. I guess it seems to be a screen problem someway. When i plug in an external LCD with HDMI the screen output is fine.

SO anyone an idee? - please help!

JRd1st
10-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a hardware problem. It would be interesting to see what the screen looks like, though. Any chance you could post a pic?

guardian7071
10-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Its really strange!

Either my screen is flashing/flickering or its showing yellow shadows with sometimes blue line on the left side of the screen. And other time its just fine. Its happens mostly by playing games. Sometime i think its depending on the heat of the nvidia card or maybe the heat is just influence it.
But the nvidia cart is not getting too hot, mostly around 55 - 65 C degrees - by playing intensive gfx games around 78 C degrees!

Sometime really rarely it switchs from flickering to yellow shadow mode and sometime the other way from yellow shadow mode to flickering.

I coundn't figure out whats the problem. 2 weeks ago I also make a bios update from 204 to the newest version 205. Could this be the reason of this problem? i guess not!

Here an Image seeing the yellow shadows:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6234/6225638230_609a6ee634.jpg

dstrakele
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I've got an old desktop system where the montior cable does not seat well in the VGA port. Every now and then, I'll bump the desktop housing and I'll get some weird color effects in the monitor. I'm wondering if the LCDV cable to your laptop display is not quite seated properly on the motherboard, so when the temperature elevates inside the laptop housing, your monitor is loosing its connection. Just a thought...

If the laptop is not overheating, and you've replaced your video drivers, I think the next step is to send it in for repairs.

guardian7071
01-08-2012, 08:22 AM
So done. I sent my Laptop to repair. They changed my BLUE RAY/DVD Drive! Its video output was broken. So now my screen shows white really white again. I am happy now. Thanks!
I cant believe it, damn disk drive! Who needs a disk drive any more ;-)

dstrakele
01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
That is a very interesting resolution, @guardian! Thanks for the report. Glad to hear your issue is resolved!