PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3 Problems....just realized what it was doing.

Morpheus1
07-04-2012, 04:34 AM
So I turn on the laptop and put on Diablo 3. I thought for a while that it was server issues and lag....having never played online before.

What the laptop does is at certain points during gameplay all of a sudden it freezes up, well gameplay does. I can move around but my allies and computer players stop in their tracks. All my spells/abilities....well... you hit the button....the character moves like he casts a spell or shoots....but no graphic appears.

I realized that this happens every time I play and the temps get up to 85 C or so. It's the computer settings somewhere trying to slow things down and cool the GPU off. I shouldn't need too much of a boost to play Diablo 3 so I'm thinking I can lower the boost some and keep temps slightly lower and maybe avoid having this happen.

So my question is where can I dumb down the overclock settings just for Diablo 3? Or am I on the wrong path here?

JamesNgkk
07-04-2012, 08:08 PM
What you are facing has got nothing to do with your laptop or your GPU. It has something to do with your network connection. I can take some time to type out the explanation here but just trust me, its just your network connection problem.

Steps you can take to try to "fix" this problems are:

1.) If you are playing the game using a wireless network source, try to go wired instead. It might help to keep the connection on better.

2.) I do not know where you live in and how is the network over at your country but you might want to consider subscribing to a better internet service provider because the current one that you are on is not stable.

3.) Think about what other ways there are to help you get a better and more stable internet connection and that should help with the problem you are facing.

If all the steps above are applied yet you still face the same problems, it could be due to the fact that battle.net is lagging and if that is the case then it is not your fault and there is nothing you can do about it.

Hope this helps!

-James

xeromist
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
If you are getting hotter temps have you tried cleaning the machine out with compressed air? Dust bunnies will make it run hotter.

Morpheus1
07-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Thanks guys,

I'll check on the internet connection.

I also used a jet vac to suck what I could out of the laptop. From the design I'm not sure how wise it would be to use something to blow the debris off the fans since I think that it would only go into the laptop. Temps are slightly lower. Laptop gets up to about 83 C now.