PDA

View Full Version : Optimus!!!

imelqui
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
i just upgraded my GPU driver to the latest non beta from nvidia site.but when upgrading, the vlc,windows media player and other windows stuff dont use the GPU anymore..how to fix it to make VLC use the GT 555M again or any video player...

xeromist
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Try the installation again using the "clean install" checkbox. If you still don't get anything then you might want to roll back to an earlier driver. The latest drivers don't always work as well even if they are WHQL.

Zygomorphic
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I thought that with the Optimus drivers we had to use drivers custom tweaked by the vendor for their computer(s). With computers like the G-series that run solely nVidia (no Optimus :)), you can run the nVidia reference drivers without difficulty? Is this true, or is what I have been told nonsense?

imelqui
07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
already tried clean install and nothing, even i tried at the nvidia options, still cant integrate to use the GPU.i dont want to go back to the old drivers coz while playing games i always get black screen.... wew :C

xeromist
07-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Well, if you don't want to roll back then I think you'll have to look for optimus fixes for each application that is broken. I don't think there is a universal fix for all at once.