PDA

View Full Version : Is ASUS going to fix our G75VW Audio/Subwoofer issue?

MaXimus711
07-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Are they aware of the myriad of complaints going on here about this issue? Are they going to fix it anytime soon???

I hope someone can contact them and let them know I feel terrible having spent $2000 USD on this thing and it can't even play Audio properly like my previous G73Sw did

theevilisback
07-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I almost asked how you spent $2k on yours, then i saw you have a 12 gig with the SSD and a 670 ....

Anyway, If you update the VIA HD Audio to the latest version, turn on loudness equalization, and if you want turn down the subwoofer to 60 with 100 volume, you should have no problems with the subwoofer going down with the volume. Unless there's another problem that I'm unaware of (I know there are others, but I think they were all addressed.)

kiba
07-05-2012, 01:03 AM
I almost asked how you spent $2k on yours, then i saw you have a 12 gig with the SSD and a 670 ....

Anyway, If you update the VIA HD Audio to the latest version, turn on loudness equalization, and if you want turn down the subwoofer to 60 with 100 volume, you should have no problems with the subwoofer going down with the volume. Unless there's another problem that I'm unaware of (I know there are others, but I think they were all addressed.)not all, the sub still acts as a center channel speaker... theyre working on it.

RecceDG
07-05-2012, 02:05 AM
So, what, the other threads full of whining weren't good enough for you? You are so upset that you just had to create another thread to *****, even though Asus has stated they are working on the issues and will get back to you when they have a fix?

Crying like a baby doesn't fix things any faster. Didn't you learn that when you turned 5?

not all, the sub still acts as a center channel speaker

I just did some testing on the .4000 series driver, and that's not what is happening.

Using Control Panel, Sound, Speaker Properties you can set levels on the subwoofer and the main speakers, then play a 5.1 test sequence that cycles through LF (123) RF (321) Centre (3232) LFE (boom) RR (321) LR (123) where the numbers are chimes (could be do re mi if you prefer)

On a 2.1 system, the test should play:

LF (123) - out of LF only
RF(321) - out of RF only
Centre(3232) - out of both LF and RF
LFE(boom) - out of subwoofer only
RR(321) - out of RF only (reduced volume maybe?)
LR(123) - out of RR only (reduced volume maybe?)

Set speakers to 100, MonoBass to 0, and the test plays

LF(123) - LF
RF(321) - RF
Centre(3232) - LF and RF
LFE(boom) - silence
RR(321) - RF
LR(123) - LF

So the fronts are working correctly. They are a little quiet...

Set speakers to 0, MonoBass to 100, and you get
LF(123) - sub
RF(321) - sub
Centre(3232) - sub
LFE(boom) - sub
RR(321) - sub
LR(123) sub

and in all cases save the LFE "boom", the sub sounds full range. And as you'd expect with a larger driver, it is much louder.

So one of two things are happening, depending on the driver strategy:

1. If the "sub" is supposed to be LFE only, it isn't - it is all channels.

2. If the "sub" is supposed to be a volume fill - LFE plus all the lows from the other channels (as I suspect it is supposed to be, given how quiet the front drivers are) sending the highs to the "sub" is too directional and is throwing the soundstage left.

A reasonable workaround is to set MonoBass levels to 60-70. That seems to balance the volume a little better so the soundstage is't so skewed.

Note that the sound is not at all horrible. It's not quite as nice as my old Alienware M9700, but it doesn't suck, and no laptop is going to have great sound based on the constraints placed on speaker size.

Asus, here is my suggested fix to send to VIA:

1. Break out the MonoBass level slider into two level sliders: one for pure .1 LFE channel effects, and one for fill volume. This would let the user tune how much all-channel fill they want while still keeping actual LFE channel effects turned high;

2. Provide a fill frequency cutoff slider from 60 Hz to 20k Hz. All frequencies lower than the slider position on all channels go to the sub, modified by the fill channel volume. This lets the user tune how much of the highs go to the sub and allows correction for directionality; and

3. Investigate the volume from the front speakers to see if the volume level is a driver issue or a physical limitation.

DG

MaXimus711
07-05-2012, 07:00 AM
So, what, the other threads full of whining weren't good enough for you? You are so upset that you just had to create another thread to *****, even though Asus has stated they are working on the issues and will get back to you when they have a fix?

Crying like a baby doesn't fix things any faster. Didn't you learn that when you turned 5?

Go to hell idiot!

I didn't cry like a baby! I made a very respectful thread asking when are ASUS going to fix it so STFU

kiba
07-05-2012, 08:23 AM
i think we can all agree that the speakers arent functioning properly and without going into another TLDR explanation, the sub is "basically" acting as a center channel (or not as a proper LFE sub), whatever you want to call it, it needs to be fixed.

also, there is already 2 perfectly good (maybe a bit long and whiny) threads about this, and therefore this thread is not needed. we dont need yet another thread about this well-known issue, any information you need about it, you can find...

here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14986-G75-audio-system-bugreport

and also here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17189-To-those-with-G75-subwoofers-producing-the-full-range-of-sound-not-Low-Freq.&country=&status=

RecceDG
07-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I didn't cry like a baby! I made a very respectful thread asking when are ASUS going to fix it

No, you created another thread on the same issue as several others, willfully ignoring the statements from Asus in the other threads that not only were they aware of the problem and working to fix it, but that VIA had not notified them yet of the .5000b driver and were following up on that.

At best, you're being passive-agressive. More accurate is that you are whining like a toddler who wants to open his XMas presents on Dec 23rd because - dammit, I want them NOW! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Stop acting like a child and be patient. And in the meantime, download the .4000 series driver, install it, and turn MegaBass down to 60 or so. That mostly corrects the soundstage and makes the audio reasonable.

DG

MaXimus711
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
No, you created another thread on the same issue as several others, willfully ignoring the statements from Asus in the other threads that not only were they aware of the problem and working to fix it, but that VIA had not notified them yet of the .5000b driver and were following up on that.

At best, you're being passive-agressive. More accurate is that you are whining like a toddler who wants to open his XMas presents on Dec 23rd because - dammit, I want them NOW! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Stop acting like a child and be patient. And in the meantime, download the .4000 series driver, install it, and turn MegaBass down to 60 or so. That mostly corrects the soundstage and makes the audio reasonable.

DG

alright thanks bro

Holy
07-06-2012, 02:03 AM
alright thanks bro i know how you feel i spent roughly that same as you on my (100-200more than you)

kiba
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
yeah, we all do, it sucks to pay ~2000 for something that doesnt work, but ive had 3 asus g series laptops and theyve never done me wrong, give them some time to fix it, thankfully its not that big of an issue, imo the video card throttling problem is much bigger, but it still plays bf3, and again, theyre working on it.

kiba
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
btw this thread seems remarkably similar to 2 other i know of.... hmmmm.....

Redking117
07-12-2012, 12:05 AM
btw this thread seems remarkably similar to 2 other i know of.... hmmmm.....

Weird this is the only one i could find. lol

Any updates? just downloaded the 10500b driver about to install.

Redking117
07-12-2012, 03:07 AM
wow this is cool after installing teh 10500b driver the LFE volume now controlls my headphones AND the subwoofer and the spears are still going when they are plugged in... wtf.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I got the same problem, sub woofer is at least 30% louder than the speakers and this includes having the equalizer on which make zero difference, also I have tried the latest drivers including the beta drivers and still the sound in windows is lower than the sound in my games.

The strange thing is when playing music the sound is fine but youtube is low and so is normal windows sounds.

kiba
07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
wow this is cool after installing teh 10500b driver the LFE volume now controlls my headphones AND the subwoofer and the spears are still going when they are plugged in... wtf.youre doing it wrong.

jk jk, if you did uninstall the old before installing the new, try using a driver sweeper along with ccleaner, thats what eventually fixed it for me.

Woots
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I just did some testing on the .4000 series driver, and that's not what is happening.

There are several games out there right now that force the sub woofer to be the center channel this laptop.

So I can confirm that while the sub does not act as the center channel in all instances there are certain games that force it to behave in this manner.

The solution so far for me is to disable 2.1 in the sound settings. (basically turning off the sub completely from windows)... then restarting the game and the game no longer ports voice dialogue to the sub.. it matrixes it properly through the left/right stereo channels.

Redking117
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
youre doing it wrong.

jk jk, if you did uninstall the old before installing the new, try using a driver sweeper along with ccleaner, thats what eventually fixed it for me.

I rebooted with my headphones plugged in and it started working correctly...

And I forgot the part about uninstalling the old drivers. lol

I got the same problem, sub woofer is at least 30% louder than the speakers.

I just went into the Via audio deck and lowered the sub volume to about half the speakers volume and it sounds much much better...

mrwolf
07-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Ok, I have done some research and have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that can fix the minor audio issues lol...
However i came across this video on youtube --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmctfLtw0E8

I wanna try and see if thers anyway to atleast improve the speaker system so I was wondering if it is possibile to install this SRS trubass thing on our g75s?? Is SRS a sound card ? if so then i guess we gotta stick with VIA HD audio :/.. What is the optimum settings for the best sound quality when using the onboard speakers and subwoofer?? And also should i go ahead and install the beta drivers 10500 ?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

MaXimus711
07-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Ok, I have done some research and have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that can fix the minor audio issues lol...
However i came across this video on youtube --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmctfLtw0E8

I wanna try and see if thers anyway to atleast improve the speaker system so I was wondering if it is possibile to install this SRS trubass thing on our g75s?? Is SRS a sound card ? if so then i guess we gotta stick with VIA HD audio :/.. What is the optimum settings for the best sound quality when using the onboard speakers and subwoofer?? And also should i go ahead and install the beta drivers 10500 ?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

I formatted my notebook and installed the Beta 10500 drivers right away and I dont know if its just the placebo effect or if it's a real improvement, but I feel that the sound is a bit higher now

mrwolf
07-14-2012, 04:52 PM
lol fair enough.. What about the settings..? should i keep it on 5.1 surround with all the speakers acitvated? ( FR, FL, Center, Subfoofer, Rear right, and rear lef ) ?? and also the next screen after that tells me something about satellite speakers, do i tick all those boxes ??
Sorry for the noob questions, im not so advanced in the audio department lol and just want to get the best out of my onboard speakers..
Thanks

Manirus
08-24-2012, 12:08 PM
So I purchased the G75VW with 16gig of ram and had to send it back after a month or so as the keyboard crapped out however when I got the laptop back the only sound I get now is out of the sub-woofer for all channel tests when i turn the sub-woofer slider down I get no sound at all. So let me see if I am following the bouncing ball ... :) I had great sound before Asus fixed my laptop now I have little to no sound and this is all related to a driver issue? Or is it to do with a defective sound chip set? My question is why would it have worked perfectly before and now it does not. Would not doing a reinstall of the old drivers say from march or april restore the sound? Thanks for any new feedback.

Apexing
08-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Manirus
Its quite possible when asus replaced your keyboard they loosend some cables to your speakers, or it disloged by by itself.
might aswell send it back for a fix again, unless you feel safe taking it apart and making sure everything is plugged in.

bysickle
08-11-2015, 02:09 PM
I know you may not be on this forum and no one may read this but it is now July 2015 and after having sent my G75VW directly to ASUS for repair, for several issues might I add, the sound issue is still not resolved and doubt it ever will be. My buddy had his identical G75 right next to mine and the sound from his blew mine away. So RecceDG you are a motherF$%king idiot a#%$hole who knows SH*T about nothing. Go f*&k a shrew with your little dick. Next time show some respect to others who are frustrated with issues THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE ON SUCH AN EXSPENSIVE MACHINE such as these devices. Also had issues on one of my other ASUS PC with the HDMI adapter and the ASUS help line could not resolve.