PDA

View Full Version : Looking For G74SX Keyboard Cover Seller

Kentricw
07-05-2012, 04:47 AM
EDIT: I have found and purchased one from Abeststore (Cooskin-branded). This is what it looks like on my laptop (you probably have to be logged on to see it).

A Guy
07-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I'd just use a can of compressed air every couple of months to blow the junk out of there. It's good for clearing dust out of teh vents too.

I'd be afraid that a sealed keyboard would lock in more heat.

Kentricw
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
A compressed air can's effectiveness is limited to loose particles that aren't located deep under the keyboard or lodged in the tiny gap between the soft rubber palm rest and the flat keyboard surface.

If I remember right, there are two air intake vents located right below the laptop's screen. I haven't had a problem with an overheated keyboard as well.

Kentricw
07-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Anyone here able to help me? I've seen a lot of keyboard covers for the G73, but none for the G74.

Gorman
07-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Looks like I can just cut one of those universal covers to size.

Kentricw
07-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm looking for one that molds with the keys in particular, not a universal one that is simply a slab over the keyboard.

Gorman
07-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Well you could always do the DIY version: buy 2 thin sheets of plastic (at least 1 thicker than the keys), put one on top of the keyboard and cut spaces for all the keys, glue cut sheet to regular sheet, and done.

Same thing you do when making a place to store key-caps :P

Kentricw
11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
It seems that Abeststore has offered a "nano silver keyboard skin" for the G74SX model. I went ahead and purchased one (they're not cheap). Shipment from China (Shenzhen) took about 8 days and it arrived in new condition. I have to say, I'm quite pleased and it lives up to my expectations.

billqj
12-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Do you have this keyboard cover website links ? can you share with us ?

goprofishs
12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
yeah.me too, Looks like I can just cut one of those universal covers to size.thanks for your sharing.http://www.4948.info/xinjiechi/images/yeahok

Pitcher@asus
12-25-2012, 06:09 AM
it would be reducing damage of KB with spilled, crumbs.

Kentricw
01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
My keyboard cover from Abestore has been holding up well through intense usage so far and it does protect my keyboard from small particles.

Do you have this keyboard cover website links ? can you share with us ?

My keyboard skin is "Nano Silver Keyboard Skin Protector," here's the link:

http://www.abeststore.com/keyboard-skin-details.php/ASUS+G74SX+Nano%20Silver+keyboard-skin+11485

Mine was shipped by USPS from Shenzhen, China to the United States and I paid using PayPal. They e-mailed me a working tracking number and I received my package about a week later. If you don't mind the relatively high price tag of $25.99, then I recommend this keyboard cover.

On that note, I'm too lazy to make my own keyboard skin.

mcsmc
03-18-2013, 03:53 PM
My keyboard cover from Abestore has been holding up well through intense usage so far and it does protect my keyboard from small particles.

My keyboard skin is "Nano Silver Keyboard Skin Protector," here's the link:

http://www.abeststore.com/keyboard-skin-details.php/ASUS+G74SX+Nano%20Silver+keyboard-skin+11485

Mine was shipped by USPS from Shenzhen, China to the United States and I paid using PayPal. They e-mailed me a working tracking number and I received my package about a week later. If you don't mind the relatively high price tag of $25.99, then I recommend this keyboard cover.

On that note, I'm too lazy to make my own keyboard skin.

Awesome, thank you for the helpful information... I ended up needing a keyboard cover for my G74SX, and this looks perfect. I do think the price is a little high, but I think it will end up being worth it (to me, anyway).