PDA

View Full Version : Witcher 2

Djropi
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was curious if anyone has tried playing the witcher 2 with the lastest g75 model I am getting some rather clogged performance at high settings, and auto-detect sets everything to low?

Woots
07-06-2012, 06:04 PM
I own this game on steam... I can try to reinstall it and see how it performs on my g75.

Ever since they gave us that enchanced edition upgrade for free on steam I have been meaning to go back and check out what's new.

I will get back to you when I can.

Djropi
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Thx Woots, let me know what you find. On the witcher forums it was suggested that I enable "prefer maximum performance" in the nvidia control panel due to the optimus technology.

With almost everything enabled aside from ubersampling, blur and cdop I get decent frame, but I would be curious to see a comparison.

UltimaRage
07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
There is no optimus for the G series notebooks.

Djropi
07-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Bump,

Anyone done any tests with the witcher 2 yet on the ds72? Performance is pretty good at high settings with uber and cinematic dop off, but I was honestly expecting to eat this game alive. Getting some stuttering as well =(

Destroyer99
07-11-2012, 06:31 AM
try looking at this site.

http://segmentnext.com/2011/05/18/the-witcher-2-crashes-fps-fix-sli-fix-ati-graphics-nvidia-performance-no-sound-errors-and-fixes/

Abbysion
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Bump,

Anyone done any tests with the witcher 2 yet on the ds72? Performance is pretty good at high settings with uber and cinematic dop off, but I was honestly expecting to eat this game alive. Getting some stuttering as well =(

I experience screen tearing on several cutscenes, I'm running on my G75 with GTX 660m.
It shouldn't go much higher (it at all) than 60 fps as to have this much tearing, it's weird, most of my settings are high, with most options enabled. except for ubersampling, motion blur and a couple more.
I'm using the latest beta drivers from nvidia site.

mrwolf
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Im currently downloading witcher 2, but i remember i was looking around earlier and found some really good quality mods that enhanced the graphics slightly and bring better performance.. Will try and find it again until this is downloading, might help you with those issues ur having.. I did something similar with some mods i found with crysis 2 and it looks 10 times better than stock + i can play it with almost everything in Ultra (could not do that before mods).
Btw, has anyone tried it in 3D yet?? is it any good?

And for the screen tearing, are you sure v-sync and tripple buffering are on in ur nvidia control center? that should normally take care of it.

Djropi
07-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Kinda disappointing I am getting sub 30fps after turning off a number of options (Cinematic DOP, motion blur, uber) with this system. Would figure a game company with a pc focus would optimize their engine.

If you come across some of those mods I would be interested. I would say I never get more than 50fps, and when I am in the jungle or any densely populated area it lingers around 30fps. What type of performance are you getting with the 660m?

Daylife
07-16-2012, 06:27 AM
You guys should try out the beta drivers.....Huge difference and improvement.

UltimaRage
07-16-2012, 06:58 AM
You should be able to max everything except for Ubersampling and AA, and average 30 FPS at 1920x1080.

mrwolf
08-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Wow this game has some SERIOUS coding issues ! lol its real tough on ur system like no other game.. I mean if i can run crysis 2 on almost everything maxed you would expect to run this a quite a decent frame-rate..
But i gotta say it does look amazing and hands down is one the the BEST top AAA RPG's of all time. I really enjoy the mature, more grown up rpg that it is. It makes skyrim look like a kids game :).

Anyway as UltimaRage states, while overclocked, it should average about 30fps with Ubersampling and AA turned off as well as motion blur that he failed to mention. Motion blur makes a huge impact on performace and also there is a nice tweaking tool you should use to manually tweak some settings to get a more stable fps because without this it still drops to low 20s in big battles and in forests.

http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/181 - very useful to gain as much performance as you can..

Ill post my recommended settings when i get back home..
Btw for all you guys who haven't tried this game i heavily heavily reccomend it ! Witcher is a BADASS and he gets it on with the ladies too, HD, no blocked scenes - 18 and over ;p

Limbless One
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
installed this tonight and have a quick run through the tutorial and about to set of on some adventure i gather ..i think i might be stuck on this game for awhile.
Only tryng this out as MrWolf recommended it , and i believe he is right . Cheers mrwolf

mrwolf
08-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Enjoy urself man, im still on chapter 3 :) lol. Its one of those games where you kinda need to have a look at a gameguide online sometimes as you might get stuck but mainly because, unlike skyrim and other rpg's, in this one, if you make a specific decision, it changes EVERYTHING! Like in your first play through there are some levels, mission/quests you will never even see....

Also if you wanna get it running the smoothest and looking the best as possible get these mods:

http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/181

http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/158/

Happy hunting monsters ! Also keep in mind, Silver sword for beasts and Steel for humans ;)

Limbless One
08-25-2012, 03:13 AM
Downloaded those two mods , only installed the texture mod , can see the improvement.
will use the tweaker once i have upgraded my components .
thanks for the links :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgLZPLF-3UA&feature=plcp