PDA

View Full Version : Warm air out right side vent only?

DrBeltway
07-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Just wondering - I know there are two fans in the G74Sx but I feel absolutely no air movement from the left side rear vent. Is this normal?

Also, SpeedFan detects a "CPU Fan" which usually idles around 2100 rpm or so. Should there be another fan showing?

Thanks for any help or info!

dstrakele
07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
If you shine a light in the left fan exhaust of your G74SX, you will see it is only striated plastic meant to look like a radiator. This is for appearance sake. In reality, both CPU and GPU fans exhaust through a single radiator offset to the right side of the G74SX.

If you install HWINFO64 and choose to enable the EC sensor (a dialog will pop up and ask you the first time you launch the Sensors - choose YES), you can monitor both the CPU and GPU fan speeds as well as a host of other useful information. Highly Recommended!

DrBeltway
07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks very much for the info and the advice re: HWINFO64. I'll definitely check it out.

dstrakele
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
HWINFO64 also has a small, configurably transparent Windows Gadget you can install that will display the Sensor values you desire in the color of your choice.