PDA

View Full Version : G75VW BIOS and AUDIO aimed at MarshallR@Asus.com

emurach
07-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Ok Marshall,

I received my new ASUS G75VW-RS72. The first thing I noticed wrong is audio. Its is really bad.
How:

1) Very low level of sound with it max at 100% audio level in windows
2) case muffling and vibration (Mabye linked to the subwoofer )
3) the known subwoofer issues.

Here SUPER IMPORTANT question nobody is asking on the G75VW. I looked at the UEFI BIOS settings.

""""""" I find one for AUDIO LEVEL. It is set to level "4" and grayed out so I cannot change it. """"""""""

I ask myself why bios have such a setting. I've seen numerous bioses over the last 22 years. Disable audio ok. But never
have I seen a setting for AUDIO LEVEL. That to me indicates it was deliberately placed there. Then, it was set to 4 and
lock out. In my mind that means ASUS new on day one it had a MAJOR ISSUE and did this a stop gap or fix. I say this is
the reason my sound level it really low at the 100% volume level in Windows 7.

THIS WILL NOT FLY HERE. NOR SHOULD HAVE EVER BEEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

I want an immediate BIOX FIX that unlocks this bios setting. Next, I want to know precisely why the ASUS engineers did
on this on a laptop that ASUS is advertising has great and awesome sound.

--------
Next: As an Electronics tech, schematics speak volumes here. Ya drivers matter, but so does filter and electrical setups.
I like to see the schematic pages that detail the AUDIO CHIP, the AMPIFIER(s), the FILTERS, and the subwoofer. I'd also like the VIA Part Number of via Audio chip used in the G75VW so I can look up it detail specs on the chip. This may sound over kill here; but, it will allow me to determine what can be fixed by drivers and what can't be.

Please do keep in mind ASUS wrongs here generates me needing any of this. As the customer, I only wanted to purchase
a machine that just work correctly from the get go and just load software. Now, I'm forced question the purchase and maybe get a total refund here if fixes and answers fail to come quick here.

The customer,
emurach

dstrakele
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
In the G74SX BIOS, the Volume setting is for the POST beep volume. Are you certain it's not that same setting in the G75?

kiba
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM
haha, dstrakele beat me to it, that "volume level" in bios is the setting for how loud the post *BEEP* is.

If your G75 is vibrating I'd take it back for a new one, mine and my buddy's dont do that, and we both got them from different places (his is the bb model). Though I had a vibration issue in my G74 and had it replaced for one that vibrated worse lol (its a problem with bad speaker placement that all G74's have, and didnt get fixed untill i took it apart to repaste it, and applied some double sided adhesive tape to the underside of the mobo on the right side where it contacts the speaker).

But i aggree that vibrating speakers is very annoying, i might be a bit OCD, but i swear after a while that was all i heard lolz.

rabbert.klein
07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I've heard the old saying "Flogging a dead horse" but this is getting ridiculous because the horse is just a pile of unidentifiable organic matter now.

RecceDG
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM
It's not the horse that is the ****pile, it is the floggers.

How many times can it be said "they are working on it and will respond once there is a fix"?

DG

john_from_ohio
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM
I want an immediate BIOX FIX that unlocks this bios setting.

Are you smoking something???

You did get me laughing but seriously ... consumers have choices.

If you have done your research up front and know what you are buying and why you are buying it ... then return if it is not what you want.

waynes26
07-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Ok Marshall,

Here SUPER IMPORTANT question nobody is asking on the G75VW. I looked at the UEFI BIOS settings.

""""""" I find one for AUDIO LEVEL. It is set to level "4" and grayed out so I cannot change it. """"""""""

--------
schematic pages that detail the AUDIO CHIP, the AMPIFIER(s), the FILTERS, and the subwoofer. I'd also like the VIA Part Number of via Audio chip used in the G75VW so I can look up it detail specs on the chip. This may sound over kill here; but, it will allow me to determine what can be fixed by drivers and what can't be.

. Now, I'm forced question the purchase and maybe get a total refund here if fixes and answers fail to come quick here.

The customer,
emurach

Hi just a couple of things.

You can "unlock" the BIOS your self. Just change the "Play sound at start up" to Yes easy.

As for the schematics, you must be joking.

By the way you did get a great computer, i have had mine for about 3 weeks and love it.

dstrakele
07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
I hear if they show you the schematics, they'll hafta kill ya...

kiba
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
btw if "play post sound" is "no" then of course that option is disabled.