PDA

View Full Version : G55VW fan issue

BobbyB
07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
My 2 months old G55Vw makes strange noises recently somewhere under the right corner where the fans and the speakers are. It sounds like a crackle or hum. While shutting down the machine I could swear its the fan making that noise before coming down. The noise actually disappears always and i had no freezes or shutdowns. Currently it is very hot here in Germany, but cpu temperatures of 100 degrees (core 1 and 2, core 0 stays below 85 C) under prime95 are abnormal, right? Fans while testing are running at 3600 rpm according to speedfan.
Thanks in advance

Shawnnepc
07-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Is it possible to exchange your unit at the place of purchase?

It sounds like you might having a bearing going bad in the fan

BobbyB
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Yes, tomorrow I will ask the dealer. I am honestly not in the mood to send it to Asus by myself. I must add that these sounds rarely occur in appearance. Perhaps these are electric power problems. With my temperatures here in this forum i hold the record for the highest CPU tempeatures. The fans while running Prime95 sound acoustically right and I still reach 100 degrees celsius. Furmark shows max. 87 degrees celsius for the GPU. I did perform my benchmarks only for max 2 minutes because i dont wanna get it burn under my feet. If my dealer sends the unit to Asus, should i let them check the thermal paste of the the CPU as well?

gabika86
04-12-2013, 03:16 AM
Today i heard the noise too, came from the upper right corner maybe. Sometimes only a snick, but i hear weird electric noise as well at the same time. I cant say my g55 has high temperature: when it happens the CPU is around 60C, GPU is 40-50 and never goes higher, under stress 70C top. Should i worry abot the HDD or SSD? Im not sure, but when i use only the SSD, everything is okay. Im trying not to stress my "baby", and listen. Oh before i forget, today i carried it in its bagpack, 3-4 hours on the backseat. Maybe some vibration caused the problem. What do u think, experts? Advanced thx for ur answers!

Pitcher@asus
04-12-2013, 03:57 AM
please make sure you HDD screw is lock complete at HDD bay.