PDA

View Full Version : [UX31A]Win7 fresh install, rive not appear in the list ...

Kris-I
07-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Hello,

I received my UX31A to replace UX31E (thanks my boss) :D All the time I reinstall Win7 completely when I receive new computer, in general no problem but it's not the case here....

I tried to boot on an USB 3.0 key with Win7 Ultimate, when I booted on it (after some search in the Bios ... see later), there are no drive to select ("Select the drive to be installed") and install Win7. I boot on preinstall Win7 and I see the drive is GTP and not MBR. I used "EaseUs" (partition-tool.com) to convert to "basic MBR" and I install Win7

This morning I tried again, same key, .... same problem but the drive is in "MBR basic", no drive in the Win7 installer. It's may be because I entered in the Bios (F2) in Boot -> Boot Option there is only a #1 with [PO : ADATA XM11 256Mn], no USB key. To boot on USB key I did this : Boot -> HArd drive BBS Properties -> Boot Option #2 (Corsair Voyager 3.0)

How can I definitely solve this ? I'd like as UX31E (and previous laptop) an MBR, boot easily from USB or SSD, ... easily take me more time to search how install than install Win7

Thanks,

brasscoe2
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm having the exact same problem, asus support was no help, they 1st directed me to their driver downloads (which I already used) then said it was an Intel problem and I need to "Call Intel"

brasscoe2
07-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Just got off a 30 min support call, after getting through all the scripted responses and actually making the person understand what I wanted to do, their response was there is not drive in existence for this computer and a retail version of Windows, and there is no possible way to install another version of Windows on this machine. So basically if you want anything except Windows 7 Home, and you don't want their bloatware install taking up an extra 14GB (10% of the 128SSD) you are out of luck. How could they make such an awesome machine like this, and have such horrible support personal. It was like talking with a robot, he just kept completely ignoring my questions and spitting out scripted answers that had nothing to do with my questions, unbelievable that it's come to this.

Kris-I
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I install Windows 7 ultimate on it. Not so easy. I converted GTP to MBR basic with one of the EaseUS software. I prapred an USB 3.0 key with Windows and boot one it. I had to boot on the key several time, before see the drives in the drive list to install Windows. I deleted all partition and install but I don't understand why I the drive not appear all the time in the drive list in Windows installer