PDA

View Full Version : My recovery partition got deleted

Ayiehariri
07-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Guys please help my G74SX:(

I accidentally deleted the recovery partition when I install the OS because I think it comes with windows. is it possible I can get that asus recovery again?:(. but before that accident I've got also make some iso. recovery from asus AI-recovery and I'm not understand to do with it. please help me guys:(

Dark
07-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Not if you formated the disk. There is some tools on google what can get back this stuff but you could of corrupted the data extra best bet for now will be making a back up. Or waiting on what others say there is ways but its risky if the data is corrupted.

Ayiehariri
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
How about if I use my recovery iso to bring it back to the recovery partition, so is it possible to bring it back the asus recovery partition?

dstrakele
07-07-2012, 04:10 PM
If you burn the Recovery .ISO files to DVD's and run the ASUS Recovery procedure with them, it will restore your system to an "out-of-the-box" state complete with an ASUS hidden Factory Recovery partition on the HDD. Be aware the HDD will be overwritten, so back up any important files to another disk.

The process takes just under 2 hours and will reboot the system several times. Be patient and don't interrupt the Recovery process or it will fail. When the Windows Setup Wizard screen asking you to choose a language is displayed for 10 minutes, it has finished.

Ayiehariri
07-10-2012, 12:39 AM
What do you mean the recovery is overwritten?:confused:. do you mean all data in all partition got recovery to the first I bought or what?. if it's what you mean by that so all my data got removed after the recovery process:eek:.

Elderwood
03-03-2014, 10:20 AM
At the risk of necro'ing this thread, I too have made a balls up with my Asus N55SF.

I realise that this isnt an 'N-series' forum, and that my machine isn't RoG either, but my problem is essentially the same.

I admit, deleting was a stupid thing to do. Frankly, don't know what I was thinking! I 'think' I may have reinstalled Win7 from an optical disc instead of rolling the machine back to its factory default. Because of this, my file to create a recovery DVD are missing.

Was this problem ever 'solved' for the OP and/or where might I get my hands on a replacement copy of the DVD?

BTW, I'm based in the UK.

Thanks chaps ;)

Elderwood
03-04-2014, 10:40 AM
I have received a response from Asus on the matter:

"Following your recent communication with this department, please try the following website where you may be able to purchase recovery discs and drivers for the operating system, please be aware we have no connection to website itself.

serviceshop.asus.com

If the disc's are not available then repair will be required to have operating system reinstalled back onto the system."

The disc is priced at just under 20 (at least for my model at time of enquiry) for recorded delivery or extra for courier.

Hope it helps others who find their way here ;)