PDA

View Full Version : Site Update: location selection

_
07-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Good news everyone!

Click on the front page, then look top right and you'll see the location/language selection box. Our German language site (http://rog.asus.com/de/) is already linked in, and others will follow shortly. We'll be getting other sites online and added in the coming weeks(ish).

The local sites are not just translated, they are specifically curated by local ROG teams for content to their audiences.

More news soon!(ish).

Kipper
07-09-2012, 05:43 AM
We are growing up right before our very eyes. Yes, bring them all on.

HiVizMan
07-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Thank you for the update.

chrsplmr
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Excellent..One thing @ a time..Do it well...Move Forward...ROG.c.

Zka17
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
It's really nice!

How is decided which languages will appear there? Based on "local ROG teams"? What exactly is a ROG team, an official Asus representation?

_
07-10-2012, 01:49 AM
It's really nice!

How is decided which languages will appear there? Based on "local ROG teams"? What exactly is a ROG team, an official Asus representation?

We offer the capacity to our worldwide teams based in each country, and if they feel they have the resource and it fits their marketing focus for that region, they can get their own page. :) Some prefer Facebook, or events, or co-operation with retail outlets. Totally depends on the region.

Zka17
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
I see... thank you! Will see then if the teams from the countries of my other languages will show up... I would definitely visit their Forums too :)

_
07-10-2012, 02:09 AM
I see... thank you! Will see then if the teams from the countries of my other languages will show up... I would definitely visit their Forums too :)

Ah. Well we're aiming to use the same forums if we can, just with different language sections. So far only France has their own forums due to them having it and a big community before we started the new site last year. (plus you can't merge to vB databases)

Granger
07-11-2012, 09:26 PM
This is good news, I am already on the french RoG forums, shame that they can't be merged, would give me an extra slot in my favorites bar lol