PDA

View Full Version : Applying pressure on a stuck pixle works perfectly on G75.

Here4Help
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi all!

I know most of you have herd of this method, but it useful to new ROG members to avoid the hassel of returns.

Stuck pixle vs dead pixle:

A dead pixel is a permanently damaged pixel that does not receive any power, which often results in a black spot on the LCD.

Compared to dead pixels, stuck pixels always receive power, which results in a colored pixel that shows up in the same spot on the LCD. The colors can be red, green, blue or any combination of these colors. Unlike dead pixels, stuck pixels do not change their color from picture to picture. Stuck pixels are very common, but not permanent like dead pixels – they might disappear overtime.

Edit

Please be advised that this method may damage the LCD screen and produce more stuck pixles.
Just becuase it worked for me does not mean that it will work for you.

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Try this:

1.Turn off your monitor.
2.Get yourself a damp cloth, so that you won’t scratch the screen.
3.Apply pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, as this may trigger the creation of more stuck pixels.
4.While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.
5.Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone.

This works because in a stuck pixel liquid in a subpixel has not spread equally. In combination with the backlight of your screen, this liquid is used to allow different amounts of light to pass through, which creates the different colors.

Thanks for the heads up @cl-scott.

kiba
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
PILGRIM already posted that

cl-scott
07-10-2012, 10:07 PM
You want to be very careful doing this, because it would be very easy to make the situation even worse, crushing a number of nearby liquid crystal cells and creating a bleed effect. This would also clearly be considered CID (Customer Induced Damage) and void your warranty coverage. As a former repair technician, I can tell you that this sort of thing is very easy to spot.

I would advise anyone considering this to think very long, and very hard about whether or not it is worth the risk. If there is even the faintest hint of doubt in your mind, do not do it. I would think that as bad as having a dead/stuck pixel is, it's still far preferable to having to pay full price to get a new LCD panel put in because you tried this technique and it went a bit sideways on you. Proceed only if you are willing to accept and live with the consequences for good or ill.