PDA

View Full Version : So which settings to use ?

x7007
07-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I have Logitech 5500 Digital 5.1 + DT-990 Premium Headest + Xonar Phoebus 7.20 drivers.

I am gaming + movies + music

Now which are the right select for the 5.1 Speakers using the analog output, to use Dolby Theater ?

I mean what is the best to hear the game to pinpoint locations and everything with the 5.1 and what settings for the Headset ?

What is the different between Xear Surround for the headphones and the Theater ? and what does Surround Max add ?

In last word, which mode to use for what and what settings to use cause i can't seem to find the right ones or the really real ones for each mode.

Silver Wolf
07-11-2012, 01:49 AM
I use the same speakers and had nothing but issues using the Dolby Theater. Which Input do you use 3.5mm jacks or optical/SPDIF?

x7007
07-11-2012, 08:22 AM
3.5mm cause optical for pc gaming is crap, you only use digital if you have a audio Receiver, and if you use digital optical i think you should use only Xear surround anyway cause then it will take the 2 channels and make it 5.1 instead the theater that only take the sound and virtual it.

Silver Wolf
07-12-2012, 05:27 AM
I used the theatre when still using my 3.5mm jacks and it caused issues. I'm not going to debate with you about which input is better for gaming however I no longer have a choice about which I can use since my card no longer recognises my 3.5mm jacks. When enabling Xear using an optical cable I lose my sound entirely so Instead I use the Dolby pro Logic built into the Z-5500s.