PDA

View Full Version : What is the average battery life of an Asus G53SX during gaming and normal usage?

mikezzz2012
07-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Any G53 users here please tell me whats you average battery life when gaming and another when normal use like internet or typing, etc?

Thank you.

Gorman
07-11-2012, 06:23 AM
G53jw here:

battery life during normal use: around 1 hour
battery life during gaming: around 10 seconds.

Just kidding, the gaming battery life depends on the game you are playing, for example I could play mario for the full time, or I could play a dx11 game on maxed settings for maybe half an hour.

Think of RoGs as portable desktop computers, with a built in UPS.

Zygomorphic
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Internet makes about 2.5 hours, typing with WiFi off, 3-3.5. Gaming, I have never tried, but the system estimates something like 1-1.5 hours on high-load.

Check out this thread:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18754-Bought-new-Asus-G53SX-from-best-buy-bettery-life-less-only-1-hour-is-that-normal

n3tninja
07-13-2012, 06:12 AM
I get around 2-3 hours on battery mode. But I usually just use it as a desktop replacement. Since its a gaming laptop, expect a very low battery life, even if browsing net or something.

Also depends on what game you're playing, for example : Your laptop will pull the blanket over itself and go to sleep if you're playing Crysis.

Zygomorphic
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Very true. When I use it on battery, I run maximum power saving mode trying to eke out as much as I can. Gaming will measure your battery life in seconds! ;)

mikezzz2012
07-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Ok, but what if I remove the battery during gaming and plug only the ac thing during gaming, can battery saving mode still be used even when theres no battery attached? Also if I dont select HIGH PERFORMANCE and choose BATTERY SAVING, will it slow down my gaming perfomance?

Zygomorphic
07-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Ok, but what if I remove the battery during gaming and plug only the ac thing during gaming, can battery saving mode still be used even when theres no battery attached? Also if I dont select HIGH PERFORMANCE and choose BATTERY SAVING, will it slow down my gaming perfomance?

Very much so! battery saver throttles the CPU and the GPU to maximize battery life, enough so that it is quite noticeable. If you are plugged in, use High Performance or else Entertainment mode. Quiet Office runs the system throttled somewhat to cut the maximum noise...makes for a quieter office, the G53SX can get loud when its feeling toasty.