PDA

View Full Version : Watch & Win: A BF3 Code For Your Thoughts

_
07-12-2012, 01:17 AM
http://rog.asus.com/129462012/news/watch-win-a-bf3-code-for-your-thoughts/

Hi everyone, we have a request. Please watch the video below from our ROG press conference and let us know your thoughts in a short paragraph between now and July 27th, in this forum thread.

1) What ROG products announced at this year’s Computex you thought were the most appealing (and if you can, why)?
2) Where did you read news about ROG products launched at Computex? Please let us know the sites you visited.

Products announced included:
Maximus V Extreme motherboard
Maximus V Formula motherboard & ThunderFX sound device
MATRIX HD 7970 graphics card
Orion headset
Vulcan Pro headset & USB audio DSP
Tytan CG 8890 gaming PC
Tytan CG 8480 gaming PC
RAIDR Thunderbolt SSD storage
G55VW gaming laptop with Thunderbolt

In exchange we’ll pick 15 random names from this thread to win a Battlefield 3 code. Don’t worry, there’s no right and wrong feedback as we value your time and input equally.

Thanks everyone for your help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlAr2IWYgU4

volors
07-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Nice video,I liked the way they are introducing the products.

1) What ROG products announced at this year’s Computex you thought were the most appealing (and if you can, why)?
A1. •RAIDR Thunderbolt SSD storage - New thunderbolt SSD for new thunderbolt port ,blazing fast what else need to say.
and •Maximus V Extreme motherboard cause of its overclocking potential.

2) Where did you read news about ROG products launched at Computex? Please let us know the sites you visited.
A2. Here on
www.computextaipei.com.tw
rog.asus.com
www.Guru3d.com
engadget.com
google.com

Sindorei
07-12-2012, 03:21 AM
I really liked all the products. I must say thou some stood out more then others :D

The Maximus V formula because it's the MOBO with all the features i want and need :D

The new Vulcan Pros !! When can i get my hands on those ? please and thanks !

I Just searched Google and youtube for news.

ROG forums
Google and Youtube.

theemilio_crazy
07-12-2012, 04:07 AM

I really liked, MATRIX HD 7970 graphics card, excellent design, no doubt be one of the best video cards on the market, I would like to buy it, but unfortunately I can not, good luck and move on...

ROG forums
Google and Youtube.

Saw Zi Yang
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Exciting and nice video to ASUS ROG new products.

New asus maximus v fomula with supreme FX that let you hear every single detail of the sound during game play and have a lot of room for overclocking. The motherboard is innovative that always look different from other board like gigabyte and msi. Support blazing fast ram.:o

www.guru3d.com
http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/
vr-zone.com/articles/asus-maximus-v-formula-to-be.../16089.html
www.tomshardware.com

wontolla
07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Well...

1) Maximus V Extreme motherboard, I wish I don't had ditched my old Thermaltake chassis so I could fit the board... Now I'm stuck in mini-ITX motherboards and chassis.
2) engadget.com
rog.asus.com

Both read almos everyday.

Dark
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Cool i really liked this videio
loved the G55VW gaming laptop with Thunderbolt as most of you know im not a big fan on laptops but this one looks cool
the Tytan CG 8890 gaming PC and Tytan CG 8480 gaming PC look amazing but my views asus at moment have messed up on alot of new products eg from mb breaking down extra so i would hold back on buying anything yet

edit forgot to add site i tend to read news from alot of them but ill just add this site as its one i use most

www.guru3d.com

iRS
07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
first of all i'll say that i watched the movie few times because of the awesome background music !!

1) in my eyes the most appealing product was Tytan CG 8890 gaming pc and i can't 'say' why because love can not be spoken.

2)rog.asus.com

mauserkk98
07-12-2012, 10:35 AM
NIce vid ,which i could have been there .

1a) Matrix 7970 as this is on my to get list, and the RAIDR for the speed.

2a) Here ;- rog.asus.com and forum ,youtube.com .

ParamedicSam
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
--I really liked the Maximus V Extreme (just purchased) and the Matrix HD 7970. Love the motherboard because of the potential OCing that can be done. As for the graphic card, I like how they have added what can be done to a motherboard for OCing right on the GPU--allowing you to OC the GPU with ease. Just wish it was a Nvidia card instead :D not a an of AMD anymore.

--www.guru3d.com, rog.asus.com, YouTube videos with JJ

CoffeeKid
07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
1) I'm looking forward to Maximus V Formula motherboard because I need a good gaming board to go with my i7-3770k. Also ROG is known for quality products and attention to detail. This motherboard should be no exception.

2) I first heard about this mobo during the pcper.com live stream when JJ announced it.

Here is the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WB6U5ALyOc&feature=plcp

Ryno
07-12-2012, 04:21 PM
1) In the last two mother releases ( Rampage IV and Maximus V) the aesthetic of the board has improved greatly. As well, the on board features blow any other manufacturer away. My personal favourite new feature is the Supreme FX shielding that adds a great effect with it's L.E.D. lighting

2)www.computextaipei.com.tw
www.tomshardware.com
rog.asus.com
www.Guru3d.com
And various youtube channels

jewie27
07-12-2012, 05:32 PM

I was happy to see the Maximus V Extreme since I have building pc's since 1995 (Age 12). My current gaming rig uses the Maximus IV Extreme Z, it's the greatest motherboard i've ever owned. I also use an Asus G50VT and Asus VG278H 3D monitor.

I follow the Asus ROG Facebook page for updates.

DaemonCantor
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
First off, Give the BF3 Key to someone else since I already have it.

Now the Things I liked was the Release of a New AMD based Motherboard, because this gives the AMD fan's and those that can't afford Intel something to look forward to! Next is the new Phobos Sound System! that is a Great Idea!.

The sad Part I found is that the Video was More tuned towards Intel Only systems which makes me think Asus is Dropping AMD Support totally and the other main point was Over Clocking...there was only a small mention of Feature Rich for Gamers but what's been Displayed is Feature Rich is Over Clocking Ability not Gaming Performance... as being the Features that Gamers want are not being included but OC Features are. Sorry but as to this line of thinking comes the Phrase Republic of Gamers or ROG, Not Republic of Over Clockers which would be ROC and that makes me think of ASRock.

Where did I hear about it: TweakTown and the ROG Forums.

shocktw
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Great video. Especially enjoyed seeing the modding and cooling on display. Perhaps they could use some better PR people w/ more fluent English to present, but then again maybe the point was to make it sound nerdy too.

PlaneName
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
What ROG products announced at this year’s Computex you thought were the most appealing (and if you can, why)?

Maximus V Formula is the most appealing to me because this motherboard has lots of great features and can support the 3rd generation CPU of the i5/i7. This motherboard will defiantly be the right choice for the i7-3770K that I will be purchasing soon.

Where did you read news about ROG products launched at Computex? Please let us know the sites you visited.

I've been reading latest news on these website:
- rog.asus.com
- www.Guru3d.com

Gunner132
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Awesome vid full of amazing stuff! ASUS ROG rules!

1) Maximus V Formula motherboard & ThunderFX sound device

This motherboard is insane... and at a great price for what you are getting. I think with the water cooling and air cooling dual option, this motherboard will catch the eye of many buyers... including myself!

All the other products are just as exciting to see, but i think this is the best product announced.

2) Google, Youtube, http://rog.asus.com/ and the forums.

Keep up the great work! ;)

lolzDX
07-13-2012, 11:13 AM
1) I like the Tytan CG 8890 gaming PC because it looks amazing with its case's features and it also packs some pretty awesome hardware which would make gaming a very awesome experience.

2) I read the news about ROG products at:
rog.asus.com
Youtube

zerou.se7en
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Maximus V Formula motherboard & ThunderFX sound device. And why? Because Maximus V Formula is the last piece you need to build a monster Z77 gaming PC. I'm not an overlocker, so Maximus V Formula is enough for me. And with ThunderFX! Oh God, M-M-M-M-M- MONSTER KILL!

I usually visit technology news pages, such as:
tweaktown.com
vr-zone.com
... and of course:
rog.asus.com
rog's youtube channel.

spheretubebox
07-13-2012, 02:24 PM
For me, the most appealing new products were...

Maximus V Extreme motherboard
Maximus V Formula motherboard & ThunderFX

Both motherboards offer great value, innovation, and enthusiast friendly looks to the end user. Especially love the Maximus V Formula integrated water cooling channel.

I learned about the new product launch when visiting rog.asus.com to find out more about the Maximus V Formula motherboard.

Iamazn
07-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Maximus V Formula motherboard & ThunderFX sound device: This summer I decided to build my very first computer, and when I saw the Maximus V Formula, I was just amazed. I never knew motherboards could be loaded with so many features. Before seeing the MVF, I thought all motherboards were pretty much the same. ThunderFX is also very interesting and I would love to know more about it.
RAIDR Thunderbolt SSD storage: As I mentioned before, this summer is the first time that I've attempted to build my own computer. I've never used anything more than a normal harddrive, so when I found out about SSDs, I was amazed at how fast they were. Now that I see a Thunderbold SSD, I am even more amazed.

rog.asus.com
google.com
youtube.com

Arkamis
07-13-2012, 10:52 PM
I thought that the conference was pretty cool and I would've actually enjoyed being there myself to see all the new ROG products. It would've been nice to listen to how the headset sounds or actually see the performance of the games being played in person. The way everything was unveiled and showcased was really professional as well.

I liked the Tytan CG 8890 gaming PC, the case is just awesome and overclocking feature that's in it will make things a lot easier than twiddling with the bios and waiting for restarts. Plus the cooling it gains from the overclock isn't being wasted when it's not Overclocked.

rog.asus.com

iamine
07-14-2012, 07:30 PM

1a) the maximus V Formula motherboard just because its the best gaming motherbord i'v ever seen

2a) Here ;- rog.asus.com and forum ,youtube.com ......guru3d.com ....hardware.hdblog.it......hardwareheaven.com

Tivior
07-15-2012, 03:58 AM
1) In my opinion, the new Tytan series are the most appealing product, because I already have a ROG laptop, so why I can’t have a great pc too?

2)Most of them here, rog.asus.com

Thanks.

matryx87
07-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Great Video and great conference!

In my opinion the most interesting and appealing products are:

1. The Tytan CG 8890 gaming PC; It is cool! Nice and stylish case, and obviously powerful components as all the RoG series.
2. G55VW gaming laptop with Thunderbolt; The thunderbolt interface completes one of the most interesting game laptops.
3. RAIDR Thunderbolt SSD storage; Great idea for the gamers!

4.Have to add even the Maximus V Extreme motherboard [Almost complete bundle and great oc capacity. (When the Rampage V Extreme :cool: ?)] and the MATRIX HD 7970 graphics card (Always fan of the Matrix Gcards ;) )

Most of them from:
www.tomshw.it
rog.asus.com

_
07-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks for all your input so far everyone!

xtxjim
07-16-2012, 10:47 AM

1)Maximus V Extreme motherboard cause of its overclocking potential
and Orion headset im using for this Headset,OMG is damn prefect..Anti noisy..

2)on my Email,Everyears Computex i'll at there
Rog.asus.com
http://www.expoc.net/

Too Supreme
07-16-2012, 01:05 PM
1. Both of the tytans because they seem so unique and cool and major advancement in the republic of gamers to help push its gaming line of computers.

2. http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/
Google
Youtube
Rog site and forums

SentineL_VDXi
07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
1- Maximus V Extreme (I own Max IV Extreme, so this one will be on my wishlist)
1a-HD7970 Matrix (I own HD7970 DCIIT)
1b-Maximus V Formula

2-Tecnogaming.com / RoG Site / ASUS FB

lizaty951
07-17-2012, 01:44 PM

Maximus V Formula motherboard & Mars III.Why? Because Maximus V Formula is the last piece you need to build a Z77 gaming rig. I'm not an overlocker, but this motherbord can push your cpu to the limit. And with Mars III Oh God, M-M-M-M-M- KILL the enemy with ease (amd cards)!

I usually visit technology news pages, such as:
only from the the Source
rog.asus.com
rog's youtube channel.

Marcinko
07-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Great video! I agree with a previous poster, the music was pretty cool!

The ROG Tytan CG8890.Because It's a transforming pc! :cool: It looks really amazing!

http://rog.asus.com - Youtube - http://www.guru3d.com - Random forums

Qweets
07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm looking forward to the Orion headset and the vulcan pro, I'm really curious to see how good the quality of the sound is on these because I'm a huge audiophile and I love a good headset with great features. Plus they look really cool, just hope I can afford one of them :)

Tomshardware is usually where I read most of my PC peripheral news.

Trying to win BF3 for my fiancee she really wants to play it :D

fatalsniper
07-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Hello everybody !

In my opinion, the Maximus V Formula is the most appealing, because of her features, and looks very nice !
The Mars III is very impressive too ! A true show of Asus' knowledge about graphic cards.

Where did you read news about ROG products launched at Computex? Please let us know the sites you visited.

I use to read a lot of sources about high-tech and computer, so I used them for the computex : Google, Cowcotland, Hardware, ROG FR, ROG, Journaldugeek, Tom's Hardware, etc ...

So, good luck everybody !

PS : sorry for the mistakes, I'm frenche and my English is not perfect ;)

saeed
07-21-2012, 10:46 PM
- What ROG products announced at this year’s Computex you thought were the most appealing

The Maximus V formula. why? because it's the amazing with all the features the person needed

- Where did you read news about ROG products launched at Computex?
www.arabpcworld.com
www.egypthardware.com
youtube

spLaTes
07-24-2012, 07:12 AM
1. The most appealing products for me are the G55VW gaming laptop with Thunderbolt and the Maximus V Extreme motherboard.

2. Google

_
07-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Last few days - we'll wrap this up Friday and dish out the keys via PM.

_
07-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Closed! Will PM winners shortly :D