PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75 warranty?

Too Supreme
07-14-2012, 03:54 AM
Im going to buy the Asus from bestbuy but i was wondering if i should get the accidental protection from bestbuy. I read somewhere that all asus' all ready come with 1 year accidental protection. Is this true.

kiba
07-14-2012, 05:10 AM
even if you get it, its worthless. the people they have working there are a joke, i used to work there before/during college. they go through absolutely no training, if they did, they wouldnt be working for best buy. get it from micro center w/ a warrenty, they actually send their techs to training.

kiba
07-14-2012, 05:15 AM
i got mine from micro center, they replaced it for me 2.5 months out (well past the 30 day return/exchange policy) ... and again 2 days later lolz (im on my 3rd one, faulty thermal paste on the 2nd, bad mobo on the 1st), but no complaints for me about micro center, i used to work there and they have trained techs and a solid warrenty, plus, bb only offers a 1 year asus warrenty, im pretty sure the micro center one is longer, something to think about if you dont get the micro center accidental warrenty.

xeromist
07-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Personally I'd prefer to get a machine from another source. BB tends to do things differently. They insist that you bring it to them for service and they always look at it first before ASUS. To me it is simpler just to buy online unless you need a physical location to bring it for service.

kiba
07-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Personally I'd prefer to get a machine from another source. BB tends to do things differently. They insist that you bring it to them for service and they always look at it first before ASUS. To me it is simpler just to buy online unless you need a physical location to bring it for service.^this is true, although being able to bring it in and have it replaced in the same day is a plus if you need to, and like i said they have trained techs there if you get a warranty like i did.... i consider micro center just as good as most online retailers, but if there is not one near you, then go with one like xoticpc etc...

Too Supreme
07-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback but the microcenter one is to expensive for me its like 1600 with protection and like 1500 without. Bestbuy has a more affordable price. I would get the g55 from Microcenter but i want two harddrive bays better cooling and ots cheaper at bestbuy the g75.

kiba
07-14-2012, 11:03 AM
the one at micro center (at least the one i got) comes w/ a crucial m4 ssd

Eynnl
07-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Not sure how you plan on paying, the reason I am bringing this up is that my credit card matches the makers warranty. Mine comes with a 1/1 warranty from Asus, my CC company extends it for another year making it a 2/2 warranty. Just sayin'.
I could have gotten a discount on my unit but wanted to use my credit card instead of cash. Worth checking out. I always make purchases with my CC so that I can extend warranties if any applies and if I ever have to make a dispute.

TSC-Ops
07-15-2012, 03:08 AM
best buys dont come with accidental. i was going to go square trade.

Cecil_2099
07-15-2012, 03:31 AM
Im going to buy the Asus from bestbuy but i was wondering if i should get the accidental protection from bestbuy. I read somewhere that all asus' all ready come with 1 year accidental protection. Is this true.

No. If you buy from Best Buy all you'll get is 1-year mfr warranty. This is so Best Buy can upsell their warranty extension and accidental damage protection program.

If you buy from other retailers (check with them to confirm) you can get as long as 2-year mfr warranty AND the ASUS accidental protection.