PDA

View Full Version : G75 Screen going black

hoboX10
07-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Update: It doesn't necessarily go black. It just goes a solid color. I've seen orange, blue, red, and black.

Okay, I know a lot of people are having problems with G55/75 but I really haven't except for two things.

I have this weird problem where out of nowhere the screen will kind of turn off. By turn off, I mean the backlights are still on, but the screen just went black. A restart was required to fix this.

The second time this happened, it didn't go exactly black, but had a reddish tint to the screen. Required a restart all the same.

I am unsure if the entire computer is freezing with this, as the only way I would be able to tell is if something with audio was running while it happened (which hasn't happened yet).

The only other problem I have is that after a while the mouse will start to freeze and stop responding, which I'm pretty sure has been reported many times.

Anyone else have this screen problem like me? I'm not sure if it's a video card thing, or maybe just drivers, which nvidia really needs to freaking come out with non-beta drivers for this thing.

Edit: To clarify I have the G75-BBK5 from Best Buy.

Edit 2: Also, it's not a boot to black screen. The screen goes black in the middle of using it. For example, I logged in to Gmail, was looking through email, and then it just went black. The backlighting was still on as mentioned above.

Holy
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
can you still return it for a new one?
it almost sounds like you have a faulty graphics card.
can you download hwinfo64 and log the temperatures just encase it might be over heating?
What driver are you using?(im on the latest beta)
Did you remove McAfee anti virus?

hoboX10
07-15-2012, 04:24 AM
can you still return it for a new one?
it almost sounds like you have a faulty graphics card.
can you download hwinfo64 and log the temperatures just encase it might be over heating?
What driver are you using?(im on the latest beta)
Did you remove McAfee anti virus?
I think it's been more than the 30 days from Best Buy :\ If not it's extremely close. I'll have to check.
I'm pretty sure the temperatures are fine. I'm also pretty sure the graphics card is working correctly. I'm on the drivers that it came with (295.XX something) because I don't want to use beta drivers. I was able to run the Crysis 3 engine at 1080p on max settings and still get about 35-40 FPS which means that the graphics card is definitely working. Also during that they only ever reached 60C.
And yes I removed all bloatware.

dstrakele
07-15-2012, 05:25 AM
Try the 304.79 BETA driver. Boot into Windows Safe Mode and perform a clean install - choose "Custom Install" and check the "Clean Install" checkbox.

Create a System Restore Point prior to the BETA driver installation and you can easily undo the installation. You've got nothing to lose if you are beyond the exchange/return period.

BIOS version 210 for the G75 is a vbios update. Unfortunately, ASUS did not document what video issue this vbios update addresses. Perhaps Richard or Scott can find out for us. I can't see why they would need to keep this a secret...

If you do choose to update your vbios with BIOS 210, be sure to copy theBIOS file to a flash drive that is formatted to FAT32, then use the EasyFlash utility in your BIOS to install it.

hoboX10
07-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Try the 304.79 BETA driver. Boot into Windows Safe Mode and perform a clean install - choose "Custom Install" and check the "Clean Install" checkbox.

Create a System Restore Point prior to the BETA driver installation and you can easily undo the installation. You've got nothing to lose if you are beyond the exchange/return period.

BIOS version 210 for the G75 is a vbios update. Unfortunately, ASUS did not document what video issue this vbios update addresses. Perhaps Richard or Scott can find out for us. I can't see why they would need to keep this a secret...

If you do choose to update your vbios with BIOS 210, be sure to copy theBIOS file to a flash drive that is formatted to FAT32, then use the EasyFlash utility in your BIOS to install it.Oh a BIOS update, I checked just the other day and it wasn't there before. Hopefully that will fix it, and don't worry I know how to flash a BIOS. I suppose I will also try the beta drivers.

The problem is this problem has only happened twice since getting the laptop, about a month ago, so it's really hard to test if anything is fixing the problem.

BuxuB
07-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Anyone else have this screen problem like me?

Yes, in fact my Australian G75 is at Asus as we speak for the very same problem. It started intermittently and I thought it was just a particular game. Then more frequent, then too frequent.

I could put my left hand on the palmrest and it did it, twisting the body holding the front corners did it. Something wrong somewhere.

I have asked for a replacement as it was only 2 weeks of age when it started. I have had 7 other notebooks and not one of them had any issues. My first Asus and bingo. It is also the most expensive. Not impressed.

adsum
07-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I just picked my Asus G75VW-T1134V up today and I had only been playing around with it for a couple of hours when my screen all of a sudden went black whilst still clearly being on/the backlight being on. I tried pressing various keys/keycombinations but nothing at all happened. I had to do a hard reset by holding down the powerbutton in order to "fix it". I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary when this occurred - I was simply browsing some folders within windows explorer.

This got me a little worried and I googled "Asus G75 screen went black" and the first search result led me here.

hoboX10, have you tried flashing BIOS and updating the gpu driver? If so, have you experienced the screen going black since then? (I know that it has only been three days and you only experienced the error twice in a month.)

BuxuB (especially) and others, what are your thoughts on my situation? Is this just a one time thing caused by faulty software/drivers or do I have a real problem on my hands. At one hand I don't really want to go through the hazzle of returning the laptop unnecessarily but at the other hand I don't wanna end up with a hardware problem that will come back and haunt me in the long run.

zac31
07-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Im also having the same issue. I first experienced this 8 days ago and have to restart by pressing the power button. Then after not using my laptop for 5 days i experience it again. But this time it went black twice right after a couple of minutes of booting and rebooting. I bought my G75 from bestbuy this May. My driver is 964 version.

BuxuB
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
For anyone having this problem, either get it back to your retailer for a replacement or refund ASAP or call your service centre for an urgent RMA. Don't muck around with it. There is an issue somewhere as it would not be happening. It was almost like a loose connection somewhere, hence the intermittent behaviour in my unit, but I could reproduce it consistently by moving the front corners of the body up and down in opposite, one up the other down, slightly twisting the chassis. Have you guys tried that? Mine did it with just slight twisting.

Mine wasn't only doing the black screen lockup dance, it also liked to play with colours as well before it decided to blackout for a hard reset. I had horizontal streaks, then some parts of the desktop mixed in, parts black and streaks. Not a good look for a 2.5K beast.

I had a call from the Asus Tech rep just today and he said they will DOA it, as it is just a baby. So let's see how long a new one takes to arrive. I certainly do like the G75, it is one cool beast in more ways than one. Boots quick, can play anything I throw at it. Is quiet and doesn't get hot. Here's hoping that a new one won't be too far away. It certainly is the best of the bunch I have here.

zac31
07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I just updated my Bios from version 207 to 210 but still Im having a black screen issue.

@HoboX10, Have you tried returning your G75 to Bestbuy?

@BuxuB, I will try to call Asus tech regarding this issue. And hopefully they can resolved this problem. Thanks!

adsum
07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Ok, thanks for your replies guys. I haven't encountered the problem again thus far and I have run Prime95, Furmark and Memtest86+ out of which none showed any errors and the temperatures have stayed within normal parameters.

Still I can't make my mind up regarding whether I should just keep my fingers crossed and hope that it was a one time occurrence or If I should try and get it exchanged/doa:d. I mean I haven't even had it for 2 days and I would hate for the problem to worsen as it seems to have done for some of you.
Even though it was a one time occurrence thus far I'm telling myself that this should not even happen once with a new laptop, I mean I never had this happen with any of my previous laptops when they were new/right after purchase.

*Edit: Lol, somehow the captcha code ended up in the posttitle.

dstrakele
07-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Getting a black screen, particularly if it is caused or corrected by manipulating the laptop in some fashion - wiggling the laptop lid, pressing down on the deck in certain areas, or lifting by the front or by one corner - is serious enough a hardware issue to warrant an exchange or return for refund if possible. Take a video with your cell phone as evidence to avoid pushback that the system is not defective and you shall be charged a 'restocking' fee.

BuxuB
07-19-2012, 12:28 AM
@adsum

It will always be something you will worry about - 'when is it going to black screen dance again?' Like mine, yours started without doing anything other than what the G75 is designed for. Mine wasn't moved as it is a DTR. I just thought mine was from playing Tribes Ascend online at first, but then it started whenever it felt like it. If you decide to just take a chance on it, next time it does it, like dstrakele says, take a video of it to show the lockup and trying different keys and ctrl/alt/del then power button needed to get it going. Not only show Asus, but put it on Youtube and in this forum if you can, for others to know of this major potential problem and if they do get it, what to do. You take the risk of running out of DOA period and what if like mine, yours craps itself more often down the track where it is doing it quite regularly, just when you are having fun? You will not be impressed. Now is the time to return it to your retailer, get a new replacement and then you won't be worried about it in the back of your mind. Yeh I know, you love it now, but you won't if your experience goes downhill from here. Good luck!

@zac31

You could play with trying to 'fix' the problem until the sun stops shining. No offence, but it is obviously a major fault that shouldn't happen in a top of the line product anyway. I had 7 other notebooks over the years and never anything like this, in fact never a warranty claim needed. I guess I just ran the numbers game and got into the 6-12% (whatever it is) bummer rate this time, same as you. 2 months in is not a long time, call your BB manager and see what he says, direct him to this thread if he doubts you. Good luck!

hoboX10
07-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Well so far it hasn't happened again but still, you never know what can happen. Also about it being a physical defect, I'm really unsure of. If it was something like a connector, restarting the computer shouldn't fix it. I'm fairly confident it is software related. Hearing that the new BIOS and drivers don't fix the issue though is extremely disheartening. And Best Buy won't even touch it after 30 days of purchase, unless you get their extremely expensive warranties. (Their 1 year is more than Amazon's 3 year)

dstrakele
07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
From what I've read in these forums, booting to a black screen is almost aloways a hardware issue.

There are some exceptions. You can get a black screen on startup that may last 3 minutes or more, but eventually video displays. This is typically a video driver issue.

I've experienced a boot to black screen issue when I have my Android phone attached to a USB port. I believe the machine is trying to boot off the device, but the default is "Charge Only", so I just get a flashins cursor on a black screen. I now know not to have my phone attached when starting the laptop.

hoboX10
07-19-2012, 06:11 PM
From what I've read in these forums, booting to a black screen is almost aloways a hardware issue.

There are some exceptions. You can get a black screen on startup that may last 3 minutes or more, but eventually video displays. This is typically a video driver issue.

I've experienced a boot to black screen issue when I have my Android phone attached to a USB port. I believe the machine is trying to boot off the device, but the default is "Charge Only", so I just get a flashins cursor on a black screen. I now know not to have my phone attached when starting the laptop.I think you may have misread it. It's not a boot to black screen. That was an issue I actually had at first, and it was fixed when I disabled... (I think it was FastBoot? I honestly don't remember what it was called) but disabling it fixed it and it starts up perfectly.

Instead, this black screen is in the middle of normal use. It's not necessarily when stressing the system. I updated the first post to include a statement about this.

dstrakele
07-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Some users can cause a black screen by pressing on the laptop in a certain area during normal use. That identifies the problem as a hardware issue. It could be a driver issue in your case, but you want to make sure this isn't what happened on your laptop.

I can't recall a single post where someone who reported a black screen during normal use said he installed this version driver or uninstalled this program to resolve it. But I have seen multiple posts where someone reported they had it happen only once when new, but now they are occurring more frequently, OR they RMA'd it for repair, but ASUS couldn't reproduce the issue, OR it has just returned from the 3rd RMA where they replaced the VGA and/or the motherboard and the black screen is still happening...

The point I'm tryng to make is it's a very difficult issue to troubleshoot and repair. If it occurred on my laptop even once during the exchange/return period, I would exchange it for a new laptop.

hoboX10
07-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Some users can cause a black screen by pressing on the laptop in a certain area during normal use. That identifies the problem as a hardware issue. It could be a driver issue in your case, but you want to make sure this isn't what happened on your laptop.

I can't recall a single post where someone who reported a black screen during normal use said he installed this version driver or uninstalled this program to resolve it. But I have seen multiple posts where someone reported they had it happen only once when new, but now they are occurring more frequently, OR they RMA'd it for repair, but ASUS couldn't reproduce the issue, OR it has just returned from the 3rd RMA where they replaced the VGA and/or the motherboard and the black screen is still happening...

The point I'm tryng to make is it's a very difficult issue to troubleshoot and repair. If it occurred on my laptop even once during the exchange/return period, I would exchange it for a new laptop.Yeah, I know it's hard to determine. It really sucks. :( Also I was right about Best Buy, they won't even think about it since it has been more than 30 days. I'd have to contact Asus, and I have a bad history with Asus customer support. I hope they will try a little harder with their ROG line though.

Also I saw that post about pressing down on the laptop, but that may just be a similar but different issue. If anyone else who has the screen problem can also test that out by gently nudging, pressing and twisting places to see if it happens also, it would be great. Thanks guys.

dstrakele
07-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Also I saw that post about pressing down on the laptop, but that may just be a similar but different issue.

I am talking about multiple posts of this type of issue in multiple threads on this forum and in the ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum section of the Notebook Review Forums. You can look on the first page of these forums on almost any given day and see such issues {i.e. manipulating the laptop in some manner causes a video issue).

You also see reports from users who have video corruption (not just a black screen) when pressing on their laptops (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18360-G53jw-xA1-Display-issues for a recent example with a good video). This is a similar issue where I would exchange the laptop if possible.

BuxuB
07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
@ hoboX10

Did you happen to buy your G75 on a Credit Card? If so, some of them have buyer protection deals with them.

I would like to clarify something though, mine started by itself, no pressing or twisting of the chassis. I did mention that. I was able to reproduce it consistently by twisting the chassis slightly. This was only after it screen danced when I placed my left hand on the palmrest one time, and I thought to try the chassis twist. I doubt yours is a software problem.

I know your apprehension in dealing with Tech, it is not the painless experience it should be. You have purchased a top of the line product and shouldn't have any problems at all. It is faulty and requires attention. It is annoying that it is not a 'normal' problem, reproducing it could be an issue for Tech. But they will be aware of the problems of their products, you are not the only one to have this happen. Keep hammering them if you go the RMA road. You will be without your baby for a while though.

hoboX10
07-20-2012, 03:07 AM
@ hoboX10

Did you happen to buy your G75 on a Credit Card? If so, some of them have buyer protection deals with them.

I would like to clarify something though, mine started by itself, no pressing or twisting of the chassis. I did mention that. I was able to reproduce it consistently by twisting the chassis slightly. This was only after it screen danced when I placed my left hand on the palmrest one time, and I thought to try the chassis twist. I doubt yours is a software problem.

I know your apprehension in dealing with Tech, it is not the painless experience it should be. You have purchased a top of the line product and shouldn't have any problems at all. It is faulty and requires attention. It is annoying that it is not a 'normal' problem, reproducing it could be an issue for Tech. But they will be aware of the problems of their products, you are not the only one to have this happen. Keep hammering them if you go the RMA road. You will be without your baby for a while though.Someone mentioned something about it being considered DOA. Does that mean they send the replacement first? I don't really want to be without a laptop for 2-3 weeks.

zac31
07-20-2012, 02:09 PM
I email Asus Tech and here what they ask me to do. Unplug AC and remove the battery then press power button for 15 seconds. Then return the Battery. Still did not resolve the issue. I even get a black screen upon booting up my system without getting a ROG logo screen. Then after reboot, I get the Windows logo then it went back to black screen. The 3rd time of rebooting, it reset by it self and black screen again. At fourth try, received the windows logo it flickers to black then continue to windows screen. Im not good with tech regarding hardwares but does this mean that you need to heat up the video card at some point from not using it overnight or it is a driver/software issue? But it seems, from the look of it, it is a hardware issue.

Regarding the pressing at some part of the computer. This happen to me when im typing on the keyboard. Another when pressing between the backspace and numlock keys. I tried this a couple of times and I always get the black screen. Can anyone try this just to confirm.

dstrakele
07-20-2012, 03:30 PM
"Discharging" the laptop by removing the battery and holding down the Power On button for 30 seconds, then plugging in and starting the system is often tried in black screen issues. It may work initially, but I've never seen it be more than a temporary workaround for this hardware issue.

BuxuB
07-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Someone mentioned something about it being considered DOA. Does that mean they send the replacement first? I don't really want to be without a laptop for 2-3 weeks.

No, you won't get a replacement as far as I am aware. They will want a tech to check it out beforehand. So you will be without a beast for a while. If you can get them to DOA it, do it. You can then go and buy another one straight away if you want to.

I actually got some satisfaction from Asus in Australia where they DOA'd the unit and contacted the retailer direct for a refund, etc. That part I was impressed with. So essentially I start all over again. Not sure if I will go another G75 after this experience though. Great machine and it does everything I could throw at it, but just the concern over another issue is a worry.

hoboX10
07-21-2012, 12:27 AM
No, you won't get a replacement as far as I am aware. They will want a tech to check it out beforehand. So you will be without a beast for a while. If you can get them to DOA it, do it. You can then go and buy another one straight away if you want to.

I actually got some satisfaction from Asus in Australia where they DOA'd the unit and contacted the retailer direct for a refund, etc. That part I was impressed with. So essentially I start all over again. Not sure if I will go another G75 after this experience though. Great machine and it does everything I could throw at it, but just the concern over another issue is a worry.Sigh, this just sounds like a nightmare I don't want to go through with.

BuxuB
07-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Can anyone try this just to confirm.

zac31, Get your unit back for a DOA. Yours is obviously having major issues. I had the same where touching the body and flexing it, I could reproduce it consistently. It is their product and their right to supply you with a working unit. You have paid for a top of the line beast and look at the problems you are having. Don't take any BS, video your screen crud as evidence, put it in writing you want a DOA, direct them to this forum to show that others are having the same issues. It is no problem for Asus to DOA, they can then refurbish and onsell. Good luck!

BuxuB
07-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Sigh, this just sounds like a nightmare I don't want to go through with.

Exactly, I was not impressed either, but better to get some resolution and not have a beast that is going to stuff your fun up.

Chipsk
07-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I can cofirm this is happening to me as well. just flexing the case slightly causes a blackscreen and it's happening more and more. This is a major flaw in these things and should warrant a recall no matter how much ASUS may not like that. Because I'm sure even if they send me a new Unit, it will have the same problem.

Sadly this G75vw-BBK5 was my first ASUS and this problem is really making me rethink purchasing another Asus in the future.

BuxuB
07-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Sadly this G75vw-BBK5 was my first ASUS and this problem is really making me rethink purchasing another Asus in the future.

Same, first ever Asus here too. Top of the line product and my 8th notebook overall and again the first one needing to be DOA'd or even a warranty issue. Bit like a lemon Ferrari. OUCH! Good luck resolving yours. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Asus and see the guts of just how many have this issue in reality. Many owners may just choose to live with it too.

Chipsk
07-22-2012, 08:40 PM
It's my 5th notebook. 2 HP's, an Acer, and a Compaq. Won't even talk about the compaq.

But one thing I have noticed since I still own my 2 HP's and my Acer is that I've tried slightly twisting them. What I found is, you can't slightly twist them. Strange since this happens with the Asus.

Which only brings out a single conclusion to me, The Chassis is faulty. Either do to cheap thin plastic being used which is more than likely the case, or it was faulty by design before it went to the factory which does happen. And a faulty chassis we all know can lead to a lot of problems.

If Someone in Australia can reproduce it by twisting the chassis slightly, and someone in the USA can do it by twisting the chassis slightly then there is a problem. I would honestly like to hear back from other G75 owners and see there results from slightly twisting there G75's. If they all get black screens then atleast we can say the problem isn't isolated if several people with the same laptop can reproduce it.

dstrakele
07-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't believe twisting the laptop chassis to attempt to reproduce a video issue is a fair test or advisable. Twisting the chassis is not something that is done in normal laptop use. Lifting the laptop by the front corners or one corner, firmly pressing on areas of the deck, or wiggling the laptop lid back and forth would be actions that I believe correspond to more normal use that torque the chassis and should not result in any problems on a laptop with sufficient chassis strength.

Chipsk
07-22-2012, 11:34 PM
I'd have to disagree. A slight twisting is a fair test especially for a laptop. It tells me if the chassis is weak or not. If I cannot twist it, then it's a strong chassis but if it twists even slightly it is a weak chassis.

But I'm glad you did mention about picking it up with one hand. I picked the G75vw up a little bit ago with one hand on the front corner on the left side no blackscreens. Picked it up with one hand on the front corner on the right side with one hand but then I had a blackscreen. And strangely enough that's where the cover is for the motherboard, hard drives ram, etc is. And even worse I actually felt the plastic on the bottom push inward touching something in there.

That is not a good sign. And it brings up the validity of a twist test. If it twists the plastic touches something on the motherboard and causes a black screen. I picked it up with one hand on the front corner on the right side it pushed inward and touched something causing a blackscreen.

it brings me back to my point. This laptop is suffering from a major design flaw in it. If it was built properly, I should be able to pick it up with one hand on any front corner without a problem. But this is not the case.

and really hope someone has enough tact not to do a Steve Jobs joke in this case.

dstrakele
07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Playing the devil's advocate, it may be that your particular chassis is already bent abnormally, so that any slight torque causes the video issue. The possibility still exists that you could exchange your laptop for a new unit and not experience this issue. You cannot claim a major design flaw based solely on your laptop. It is true others have reported the issue, but it still remains to be seen if this is a design flaw that exists on all G75's or just several defective systems.

hoboX10
07-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Well see the problem for me is twisting the case doesn't replicate the problem.

kiba
07-23-2012, 10:24 AM
jeez asus, talk about bad quality control.... it seems those sweatshop kids just arent very good at building laptops. :P

Anyways, the problems in this thread seem like hardware issues, & in that case only either return, exchange, or RMA is going to solve it for you. that said i feel for you, im on my 3rd G75.

BuxuB
07-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Notebooks are moved around 'normally'. They will stress, bend, get some knocks and bangs. We take them here, there and everywhere, so a strong chassis needs to be in place anyway, isn't it just the basics of good design? Mine wasn't moved at all, it came home and stayed where I put it. I do feel slightly twisting the chassis, emphasis on slightly, because that is what I did, I did not wrench the thing, in fact I only noticed the chassis twist, as I lifted the unit up by the left corner after it did a screen mia blackout and noticed it seemed to self bend, just with its own weight. I did the same thing on a HP DV7 and it is solid. Same thing on a cheap Acer, Medion, Lenovo, all solid. A mid spec MSI did flex about the same as the G75. BUT, none of the others have had any issue with moving, lifting, touching the body and ****ting themselves.

At first this 'just happened' while I was gaming. I thought it was that particular game, had no thought it may have been such an issue, until resting my left palm one time did it, then it just got a whole lot worse, more consistent and replicable for my particular one. If you can replicate it, there is something amiss somewhere.

I also feel for others having any type of intermittent problem. They pure and simple suck!

BuxuB
07-24-2012, 12:12 AM
im on my 3rd G75.

OMG, that is somewhere I don't want to go.

hoboX10
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
I agree, Asus really needs to sort out the issue and bite the bullet and replace the entire laptop for those with the problem, assuming it isn't easily fixable ourselves.

BlackBass
09-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I've just got my new G75 and it started doing it right away. It seems like a short in the connection between the LCD and the MB..
I thought pushing on the top left corner was doing this. but i think it is moving the screen a little. try this move the screen forward and backwards and see it that makes it do it. when mine black screens i can make it come back on by moving the screen. I've sent for a replace already, waiting to hear from Newegg. Hope it's as easy as a replacement, its not even a week old yet. Time will tell.

c_man
09-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Some problems seem to be on different laptops all over the planet. I find this very strange. This is a problem I have with one. Are some parts defective? I wonder what Asus service will tell me, if they'll tell me something. I have one with them for some time now.

I hate this since these laptops can deliver amazing performance when working, with little heat and moderate noise.

dstrakele
09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I've just got my new G75 and it started doing it right away.

Back to the retailer with it for an exchange or a complete refund. Don't RMA it to ASUS for Warranty repair.

q3Maverick
10-11-2012, 07:10 AM
HI BuxuB,

I am experiencing the same issue. I just bought this awesome laptop 5 days ago and when running Call of Duty Modern Warefare 4, I saw the screen going black for a second or two then remaining in that state. After moving the laptop a little bit the image came around but I had to lift the right front corner in order for it to work.

Going to call the service guys ASAP and see how this works out.
Thanks for our insights!