PDA

View Full Version : G73JW-A1 GTX460M Rendering Issue

batsilver0012
03-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey all,

I have posted on numerous forums to try to solve the issue of what appears to be a rendering problem; i say this because 90% of the game during gameplay look awesome, except for some areas of my games where this pixelation occurs.

http://i56.tinypic.com/119v4zl.png

The examle is from DC Universe Online; but i get the same occurences in Mass Effect 2 and Crysis 2 (games that the GTX 460M should not be having troubles with).

Does anyone have any suggestions? or advice? or do i need to simply just RMA this sucker?

Some additional info:

No overclocking
No alterations of say AA or forced AA
I have tried every driver before 260.99 and all the latest drivers past it
Factory reset and re-installation of drivers/games
Underclocking

Thank you in advance!

Chastity@ASUS
03-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Try updating DirectX

batsilver0012
03-10-2011, 11:37 PM
The updater says i have the latest drivers of DirectX. Any other suggestions?

batsilver0012
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm rather frustrated with this, considering how much I love Nvidia GPUs and essentially loathe ATI.

I do not understand how just a PORTION of a video game cannot render correctly when all in all the game looks gorgeous and runs flawlessly smooth.

I have done a clean install of all drivers i could think of. DirectX is fully up to date; i'm honestly thinking its something in the 3D Rendering (my screen does not support the 3D effect) of the GPU, but...naturally i could be wrong.

Please let me know if you think I should RMA, since it is a huge/long process within itself.

jjacks1961
03-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok, a longshot here. Have you tried setting all of the options in the Nvidia control panel to the "recommended" settings? For this to be happening in at least 3 games, it sounds like a global setting.

batsilver0012
03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks for replying,

Do you mean like, set everything to the application-controlled setting? Because I have not forced any type of AA or texturing to the control panel. Once i get home i will try it and provide an update (i'm at work at the moment, SUCH GOOD WORK ETHIC AMIRITE?!)