PDA

View Full Version : by mistake formated Partition on Asus G75VW-T1040V

danielius
07-14-2012, 03:21 PM
i formatet the 200 mb system Partition 1 by mistake. can someone tell me what was on it?

Guitarmaker
07-14-2012, 03:44 PM
The 200Mb partition contains the EFI boot files. This is normally hidden from view.

If you have backed up your system with a third party B/U program such as Acronis or Macrium Pro you can recover those files. Otherwise, you may have to use the recovery disks and start over.

If your partitioning software has the option, you may be able to recover the partition with it.

danielius
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
sorry i dont understand what i need them for. i installed windows 7 ultimate so i can use 24 gb ram. works just fine.

Dark
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM
The EFI System partition is a partition on a data storage device that is used by machines that adhere to the Extensible Firmware Interface. It contains the boot loader programs for all operating systems installed (in other partitions) on the device, device driver files (used by the firmware at boot time) for other devices, and system utility programs that are intended to be run before an

operating system is booted. [1]

The EFI System partition is formatted using a variant of the FAT format. The globally unique identifier for the EFI System partition in the GUID Partition Table scheme isC12A7328-F81F-11D2-

BA4B-00A0C93EC93B. Its ID in the MBR partition table scheme is 0xEF. Whether a disk contains an EFI System partition is unrelated to the partition table scheme (GUID or MBR) that it uses.

danielius
07-14-2012, 07:17 PM
thank you for that detailed information.

do i have to recover/reinstall that partition? or can i live without it. like i said, just installed win7 ultimate and everything works fine so far.

i got the notebook a couple days ago. i made an image with ai-recovere, but i dont know if it contains the data from that particular partition. i dont think so.

how you do it if you replace the hdd?

Dark
07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Well.if you have updated windows you should be fine. Just have a back up.

danielius
07-14-2012, 10:39 PM
thank you for the help