PDA

View Full Version : Slappa Mask & Everki Beacon Backpacks

Kirra
07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Does anyone know if the Slappa Mask Laptop Backpack will fit the G73, 74 & 75 series? It needs to fit all of them :

http://www.slappa.com/MASK-High-Five-Backpack?sc=2&category=133

Also interested in the Everki Beacon:

http://everki.com/index.php/products1/18-4-laptop-bags/beacon-laptop-backpack-w-gaming-console-sleeve-fits-up-to-18-detail

Does anyone have either of these backpacks? The G74 is the largest laptop we have, so most importantly we need to know if that one fits. I think that my bf's (jsl1ce) G75 is the widest, but they all have different dimensions. We know that the G73 fits the Slappa Mask Backpack from a video, but does anyone know about the others? Hopefully somone here has these and any input is much appreciated. TY! ;)

SLAPPADom
07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi Kirra, if you check out our M.A.S.K. product pages you'll see many customers are using our M.A.S.K. backpacks for all these models http://www.slappa.com/MASK-KOA-Backpack?sc=2&category=56016

Hope this helps

Dom

Dark Knight
07-17-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm using the Everki Titan with the G75VW. It fits it perfectly and with ample room for other devices and acessories.

kiba
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
^ i dunno if that will work, shes pretty specific about which ones are acceptable to her, lolz

Everki Support
07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Thought we’d jump in and help answer your question on our backpacks. In the case of the Beacon Backpack it will hold both the G73 and G75 laptops, now we’ve had customers tell us they have been able to fit their G74’s but it was never designed to carry an 18.4” laptop so it will fit but snugly. Truth is when that bag was designed these huge thick laptops hadn’t hit the market, that’s why we released the Titan which was specifically designed to carry a true 18.4” laptop as well as all the gear and accessories you can throw at it.

Hope we were able to answer your questions but should you have any additional ones on these or any of our other bags you can always contact us via our site www.everki.com or call us @ (866) 559-1099, we’re always willing to answer your questions or just talk bags if you feel up for it.

The Folks @ Everki

Dark
07-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Lmao loving the fake person above me pretend'ing to be Everki so feking funny :) thats made my day

1st of all why would they look on a forum i see fake users again really its funny

Shawnnepc
07-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Lmao loving the fake person above me pretend'ing to be Everki so feking funny :) thats made my day

1st of all why would they look on a forum i see fake users again really its funny

ASUS is a large profile laptop manufacturer and their primary user base is gamers.

I would be very surprised if that was a fake account.

I've had nothing but the absolute best dealing with and reselling Everki bags.

The company and their support is fantastic and I'm not surprised that they would get involved in this community.

You'd be surprised on how many manufactures actually care about their customers

Dark
07-17-2012, 09:37 PM
oh really just seems weird on come to think of it as was posted today why would they look on forum thats weird come to think of it in logic thinking if you understand what i mean like i have said b4 its really weird to tell if there fake or not i mean it could be them yes but then again it could not be we cant proof this nor can they proof who they are if you understand me. :) all ppl have doupts i mainly to be honest i have had a bad up bringing i have learnt never to trust something from face value its same with users on forum some i really ike some im unsure of and others i dont know whether to talk to or not as some ppl are rude at times i guess its just me being shy of stuff and worried if i say something wrong

Everki Support
07-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi Dark,

Yep it’s really the folks at Everki responding to this post. We’ll make it really easy for you to test your theory or for that matter for anyone reading this post and wondering if Everki really cares enough to respond to a post, call us. Really what do you have to lose? If you have a question on any of our products and you need help figuring out if it will do what you need then we want you to contact us. We care and even if that means telling you that our product might not be the right fit, which we have told people in the past, yes we will do that.

The very real Folks @ Everki

satinblack
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Not bad~ kinda like the slappa bad design but the Everki bags are also not bad. Only problem I have is that they both don't ship to Malaysia. Kinda disappointed

Everki Support
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Actually our products are available at Harvey Norman’s in Malaysia. You should definitely check them out in person when you have a chance.

Zygomorphic
07-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Well, @Dark, do you trust me? Someone should Everki and find out and post the results, we shall see. If it is them, its pleasing to see that they are taking an interest in the community. Newegg has manufacturers respond to comments there, so it is indeed possible. After all, where better to find feedback than in a community of gamers? ;)

_
07-18-2012, 02:10 AM
I've checked and they are not fake accounts.

Everki - thanks for dropping by and supporting our community! However I'm getting 'support ticket' emails from your address every time you reply to a thread because you're subscribed to this.

SLAPPADom - Thanks for dropping by too!

Gonna have a look myself now - wondering if either does nice satchels. :D

EDIT: Yea, Everki, can you please turn off your auto-reply. Every time someone makes a post I get an email. Thanks!

Hello ASUS Republic of Gamers | The Choice of Champions – News, Guides, Overclocking, PC Gaming,
Thank you for contacting Everki. Your request and comments are very important to us. One of our customer care agents will respond as soon as possible. Our working days are from Monday through Friday.
You can view your ticket here:
GEN-TE7E5H

kiba
07-18-2012, 02:39 AM
wow, gotta say im surprised that she got both companies to respond to her post ô¿ô :o

Kirra
07-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Thought we’d jump in and help answer your question on our backpacks. In the case of the Beacon Backpack it will hold both the G73 and G75 laptops, now we’ve had customers tell us they have been able to fit their G74’s but it was never designed to carry an 18.4” laptop so it will fit but snugly. Truth is when that bag was designed these huge thick laptops hadn’t hit the market, that’s why we released the Titan which was specifically designed to carry a true 18.4” laptop as well as all the gear and accessories you can throw at it.

Hope we were able to answer your questions but should you have any additional ones on these or any of our other bags you can always contact us via our site www.everki.com or call us @ (866) 559-1099, we’re always willing to answer your questions or just talk bags if you feel up for it.

The Folks @ Everki

all our laptops are 17.3, but the G74 is a bit thicker than the other two, will it still fit?

Kirra
07-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Thanks Slappa and Everki guys for actually taking the time to respond to my thread.

BTW just to clarify the largest screen size we need to fit is 17.4ish not 18.4.

Zygomorphic
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
However, with the thickness of the G73/G74/G75, an 18.4 display backpack is more like what you need. Paul said in this newegg Youtube video:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834995958 that it should hold an ASUS G73, so that is also a good sign.

Everki and Slappa, thanks for getting on and welcome to the forum! :)

Everki Support
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Kirra,

Sorry for the late reply to your question, we had a little snag with our account but it has been resolved. Here’s the thing, you’re correct the screens are 17.3” but because of the amount of bezel surrounding the screens of these laptops they end up being much larger than the typical 17.3” laptop. With that in mind that’s why you would want to look at the Titan Backpack for the G74 vs. the Beacon Backpack. We hope we were able to answer your question.

fc2462
07-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Hello,

I bought an Everki Titan for my new G75 and love it!

Domiii
07-22-2012, 12:22 PM
does anyone know a backpack or carrybag original from asus/rog for the G75?

Ayman
07-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Everki Beacon for sure i have one and its great lot of space :)

K4ndym4n
09-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it some more: Everki Titan!!

If you are looking for an everyday bag that you can carry your G75 and everything else you'll ever need, that's your answer. My G75 fits beautifully into the laptop sleeve and it still leaves enough room to fit the power adapter on top of the pouch. The bag offers plenty of space, amazing quality materials and unique pockets (like the plush iPad/tablet sleeve) to organize every one of our tech gadgets. And to top it all off, the bag comes with it's own water proof shell that covers the whole bag during inclement weather. And if that's not enough, the five point restraint system makes all your weighty items feel like they're not even there!!
Here's a great overview if you want to check it out further......http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/06/everki-titan-backpack-review.html
Hope this helps, and good luck with your search-

ASUS G75VW-RS72
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30/3.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB PC1666 DDR3
Storage: Crucial M4 256GB SSD + Seagate Momentus XT 7200RPM 750GB SSHD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3GB
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen
OS: Windows 7 HP (x64) + Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

Zygomorphic
09-12-2012, 10:21 AM
does anyone know a backpack or carrybag original from asus/rog for the G75?

I think the ones that ASUS made were either Targus re-brands, or else simply no-name sellers with the ROG logo tacked on. The Everki's while expensive, are supposedly really nice.

cntmrc
09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't like all these bags because I want a more safe semi-rigid laptop sleeve. If I put a so wide laptop in that soft sleeve and i carry the whole bag on my back the chassis is actually affected by torsion. Also i don't need all that space for playstation or whatever. What I need is a main big protective space which is soft inside and semi-rigid outside, so the chassis doesn't flex when I carry around. Also I think that a horizontal trolley is a more correct marketing for a laptop which is "movable", but not really "portable".

Sorry for eventual english miss-spelling... :-)

PCAnyWhere
09-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I too started with the original ASUS ROG backpack and if you just wanted to carry the lappy then all is good; but I travel with this thing weekly and I couldn't even put a pair of Bose headphones into the bag without straining the zippers. I jumped on a local retailer that had the Everki Titan and it is appropriately named. It is LARGE. I will now be able to take my G75 AND my 14" work laptop with me in a single bag. Organization pockets galore.

My only Con is that it doesn't have a a D-Ring or clip to hold a set of keys; but there are enough zippered pockets to satisfy a secure place to stash my keys.

The Beacon is also nice; but I would probably have gone for one of the shoulder bags instead if the Titan was not available like the Advance.

Yellow11
09-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I , too just bought an Everki Titan for my G75.

It is a pretty big bag, but it is for a pretty big machine. Also I need to carry around a lot of other stuff, external drives, Books, various documents, other hardware, it fits everything. Geez.. Even fully packed it fits a set of full sized headphones and lunch. I`m impressed. I looked around a lot at other bags but really this is the only one that was big enough. I like it.

Zygomorphic
09-15-2012, 11:58 PM
@PCAnyWhere...can't you just "work" on your G75? :cool: When I get another backpack, I'll definitely consider one of these. Seems like they hold up well and they hold big computers. Price is a little on the high side, but you get what you pay for, I guess.

PCAnyWhere
09-16-2012, 03:20 AM
@PCAnyWhere...can't you just "work" on your G75? :cool: When I get another backpack, I'll definitely consider one of these. Seems like they hold up well and they hold big computers. Price is a little on the high side, but you get what you pay for, I guess.

For security reasons I have encrypted information stored on my work computer. But I try to do some activites through citrix.

PCAnyWhere
09-16-2012, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I , too just bought an Everki Titan for my G75.

It is a pretty big bag, but it is for a pretty big machine. Also I need to carry around a lot of other stuff, external drives, Books, various documents, other hardware, it fits everything. Geez.. Even fully packed it fits a set of full sized headphones and lunch. I`m impressed. I looked around a lot at other bags but really this is the only one that was big enough. I like it.

That's the thing, I like the bag for all the pockets but I just think that if you really did load it out you cannot carry it too far as you can really bring about 65lbs of gear or more in this pack. The Pack can take it; but the regular humans might not be able too.

Yellow44
09-16-2012, 07:11 AM
That's the thing, I like the bag for all the pockets but I just think that if you really did load it out you cannot carry it too far as you can really bring about 65lbs of gear or more in this pack. The Pack can take it; but the regular humans might not be able too.

You're right. I don't play video games. I bought my G75 because i needed the horsepower for editing and all the demanding tasks I put my machines through. At the moment, on this particular project, I carry around a lot of extra paperwork, a couple of drives, trackball, big headphones, that huge power supply, and it all fits in one bag. I was thinking how much heavier this new setup is than the old one.. LOL.. That's okay, I can always use the exercise and I won't always have to carry around this much. it is nice to have the capacity to do so when needed though

Zygomorphic
09-16-2012, 10:22 AM
You're right. I don't play video games. I bought my G75 because i needed the horsepower for editing and all the demanding tasks I put my machines through. At the moment, on this particular project, I carry around a lot of extra paperwork, a couple of drives, trackball, big headphones, that huge power supply, and it all fits in one bag. I was thinking how much heavier this new setup is than the old one.. LOL.. That's okay, I can always use the exercise and I won't always have to carry around this much. it is nice to have the capacity to do so when needed though

Sounds like you can cancel the gym membership! :) ASUS should go into the business of keeping its gamers in shape so they can game more! :D

greeblesnort
09-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I am still using the same laptop I bought for my G74 last year, referenced here (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10359-Case-Backpack-for-G74SX&p=71419&viewfull=1#post71419)

peterleerule
09-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Everki Titan guys. NCIX has a sale. And it costs 100 bucks. Its worth the investment. I haul my g75 to class everyday and I have no problems what so ever. The backpack makes it really easy.
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=66659

Courage Dragon
10-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I just wanted to add my vote for the Everki Titan as well.

It's the perfect match for my new ASUS G75VW-AS71.

The build quality is phenomenal. Lots of great features. Do a quick search on youtube for great reviews of the Titan.

I was really hesitant to spend that much on a backpack, but I'm glad I did.

GrecoISU
10-10-2012, 05:55 PM
My G75VW-NS71 is on its way, along with my Everki Titan. With a $178 price point on Newegg I saw that there was a combo available when you buy the G75 which knocks off $78. I was a bit nervous spending $100 on a bag to carry this beast in but from all the reviews and unpacking videos I've watched I'm not sure I'll be disappointed. I'll make sure to edit this after using it a bit.

With my G71 I was using a briefcase type satchel bag that didn't have any padding. It ended up getting scratched up and eventually broken due to being, literally, chucked out of the back of a van. Insurance paid for a new upgrade so I'm not complaining.

Zygomorphic
10-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Let us know how the computer works, and I will assume that the bag will fit. That would be a huge upgrade over the G71.

GrecoISU
10-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Let us know how the computer works, and I will assume that the bag will fit. That would be a huge upgrade over the G71.

Will do! This is going to be the longest day of my life I think. It's in town and out for delivery.

Zygomorphic
10-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Will do! This is going to be the longest day of my life I think. It's in town and out for delivery.
Got it yet?

GrecoISU
10-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Got it yet?

Oh yeah! I think I'm in love. I'm copying over a couple of games from my old HDD that I inserted into the extra bay (so they run at 7200). It took four DVDs to make the recovery discs so that took a while as well.

So far:

I absolutely love the keyboard. It is extremely smooth and everything just seems to flow when I type. My only gripe is that the zero key on the keypad is in a weird spot. Nothing I won't get used to.

I wasn't sure I'd like the matte screen finish but I'll tell you what it's quickly growing on me.

Overall this is a really solid and well put together machine. Nothing seems flimsy, especially the LCD.

I've not run any games yet. I'm getting antsy...

The Everki Titan I've not messed with a whole lot but it seems build with high quality material. The stitching looks like it's going to be able to handle a big load, and it will have to. The zippers are huge and look really sturdy.

Zygomorphic
10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Love the matte finish on my G53SX...I bought a laptop screen, not a shaving mirror...
Keyboard is nice, very similar between the two, though the tiny zero numpad key is a little confusing. It's gotten better with the arrow keys slightly separated, but still could be improved.

ASUS ROG notebooks are well built, very surprising for the price.

GrecoISU
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I just had my first outing with the G75 inside the Everki. I'm a teacher so I was heading to school.

Bag contents:

G75
power brick
School's netbook
Razer Naga

This is clearly enough weight to test. The straps distributed the weight very well. The bag seemed very heavy when picking it up to put on my back but once it was on it was very comfortable. The straps were padded as needed. I had so much more room than I needed. This backpack can be loaded down with plenty of cloths long trips and hold the technology to keep you sane during long layovers. A+ Everki!

Jay_D1987
10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi guys
sorry if my English is not very good.
I am an owner of Asus G75, but I'm not a gamers - use my new G75 with programs for video editing and 3d programs.
I was looking for a backpack for transport, and I found you.
very beautiful Everki Titan and Slappa MASK, but shipping in Italy?!
I do think that the backpack of "competition" (orion alienware M18x) fits a Asus G75. Maybe just the right Manhattan everest.

I do not know if I had to do the presentation if you could you please show me the link! thanks

Zygomorphic
10-16-2012, 01:08 AM
@jay, no worries :) A backpack for an 18" notebook will fit the G75. I don't know where those backpacks ship, but googling is always a good resource. ;)

Jay_D1987
10-19-2012, 10:56 PM
thx for the advice, I tried google but with backpacks with measures such as the G75, and after much research, the result is: the 4 models listed above ... I went in shops and supermarkets and have try with G75 and a backpack, but the 18" not one was fine ...

Skull6
11-01-2012, 07:07 PM
I have a Targus - CityGear Messenger laptop case for my G75VW. I have to take care when inserting the laptop into the bag, but only because I tend to leave the USB stub for my wireless mouse inserted. Otherwise, there's plenty of room to carry the laptop, the cooling table, mouse & power supply in it--with room left over. Not quite a "backpack," but it works fine for me.

leobancosta
11-16-2012, 12:23 AM
which is better for my g75vw, the beacon or the titan?

EricSP
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I use the bag that came with the laptop, eeeeeasy

Zygomorphic
12-19-2012, 01:36 AM
I use the bag that came with the laptop, eeeeeasy

Not every ASUS ROG notebook comes with a bag, but for those that do, it is a natural choice.

Callmebobzilla
01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
For those of you using the Titan bag,

Would you say that it would be suitable for a college student with a g75VW. Would you have the room for the laptop, powerbrick and at very least the notebooks required for an average day's worth of courses?

Zygomorphic
01-12-2013, 11:11 AM
For those of you using the Titan bag,

Would you say that it would be suitable for a college student with a g75VW. Would you have the room for the laptop, powerbrick and at very least the notebooks required for an average day's worth of courses?

I'd recommend against carrying the laptop. You won't need it in classes, and most people who carry laptops to class (when the professor allows it) are posting on facebook or generally not paying attention. If you aren't using it in class, carrying the laptop is fine, but it will be heavy.

Callmebobzilla
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
The weight isn't really much of an issue for me (my backpack senior year of high school averaged 40lbs) the only reason I would bring the beast to class with me was if it was needed for my lab (I'm a second semester junior so this is actually a real possibility) or if a class had a large number of posted slides which I often times have issue reading as my vision is well and truly terrible. I was just looking for a proof of concepts of sorts. I haven't put money down for a new backpack/ laptop bag for nearly 7 years and just want to make sure that my upgrade will actually meet my needs.

Tomislav
01-22-2013, 08:25 AM
I use this http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/sm/WF06c/A1-329290-70657-3965879-3965879-4181957-4181922.html. and it is a decent bag actually. (and it was around 40 $). Though it is kinda stupid that I use an HP bag for my ASUS, but my g75VX didn't came with a Targus backpack(so shame on you ASUS ;) ). I would love to get my hands on either Evreki Titan or Slappa M.A.S.K. backpack but price+shipping to Croatia+tax+customs makes them too expensive (more than 250 $).

Colonel Panic
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I have to say that on the one hand, the Everki Beacon is a nice pack. It's sturdy, roomy, and comfortable.

On the other hand, I really have to question the design decisions to

A) put in a sleeve for a gaming console

and

B) Not include a pocket for the power supply of the laptop.

Seriously, I don't want my powersupply rattling around in my pack smashing into everything else I'm carrying.

And if I have a gaming PC WTH would I even WANT a console, although that's a personal choice.

Frankly, the first pack I bought (the Targus Demolition) was the best for me. It had all the pockets I needed, storage for pens etc. The only problem being that it was rated for 17.3" laptops but the G75 is too thick for it.

I've ended up with a CaseLogic, not sure of the model name/number. It's not as durable as the Targus or the Everki, but it will hold the G75 despite only being rated for 16" laptops. The G75 only fits one way though. I imagine I'll keep shopping. I'd like to see the Slappa in person to see if any of its pockets are appropriate for the power brick.

kiba
01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
wow, this is a sticky now? cool :D

Tomislav
01-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Has anyone bought Slappa MASK backpack yet? If yes, I would really love to see some pix of g75's in it just to see how it fits...

Colonel Panic
01-29-2013, 06:14 PM
I plan to buy a Slappa based on the video on the MASK page. It shows them putting an Asus G series laptop into the backpack and there's room to spare.

-joe-
01-29-2013, 06:24 PM
I bought an Evereki Beacon, based on the sleeve for consoles and this forum thread. I bring my G75 and xbox w/ me when ever I go to my job site. The bag holds the two giant powersupplies, my Galaxy 10.1 tablet, all the additional power cords for phone, tablet, ipod, and an extra mouse with no problem.
The only issue I have is when you first put the laptop in the sleeve, you have to kind of shift the bag a touch to get the corners completely free of the zipper. It fits without shifting, but I didn't want to scrape the corner on a brand new laptop.

I have an Enormous bag, Targus I believe that holds 3 DSLR's and a laptop. It is the same size as the Titan, but I HATE carrying it around. Its just too big. For me the Beacon, fits all of my needs and then some.

A rigid back plate to keep the PC from flexing would be nice though.

-just my two cents.

smidge710
01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
i am thinking of buying the everki titan pack for my g75, but i am a smaller guy. bout 5'5 how would this pack fit on me, any other suggestions for a pack that would fit better if this one wont?

Tomislav
01-30-2013, 01:28 AM
@Colenel Panic link please! @-joe- wow!!! what do you do when you can bring your xbox to work? :D (sorry for the offtopic,but I had to say that)

Colonel Panic
01-30-2013, 07:12 AM
@Colenel Panic link please!

About 1:50 into the Mask demo video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AiyJtlqoBr8) you see him put a G73 in. If you keep stopping the video from 1:54 up to about 1:57 you can see there is always slack in the laptop sleeve. By slack I mean the sleeve always as a bit of room around the laptop, it's not stretched tight even though it looks like he has to be a bit firm to get the G73 in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AiyJtlqoBr8

There are 2 videos linked from the Slappa Mask page (http://www.slappa.com/MASK-High-Five-Backpack?sc=2&category=133#) but they aren't obvious. There are 2 buttons on the right hand side of the page. Click them and you get the video in a popup window.

thatdoodz
02-01-2013, 03:26 AM
would the SLAPPA VELOCITY MATRIX backpack fit an asus g75vw?

Feud
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
So I recently got a SLAPPA Transit backpack and I have to say... I am blown away by its quality and the obvious thought that went into its design. The laptop compartment is fantastic and fits my G75VW while leaving tons of space for other things such as books. It has a nice spot for the huge power brick that the G75VW requires and still has many more compartments allowing me to really bring anything I ever wanted anywhere. Normally most backpacks would strain at the weight of my Engineering books along with my laptop and would actually hurt my back but holy hell this thing feels almost like there's nothing in my bag.

Enigma
03-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I bought the Everki Titan EKP120 over a mnth ago and it has more than enough room for the G75, my tablet, gaming headset and mouse/pad, several Android phones, miscellaneous accessories...........and still has plenty of extra room for more. Highly recommended. It'll run you around $180 though.

adzibu
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
hi everyone
so I read a lot of post and what is the best backpack for g74sx?
i can t buy titan beacuse it s too expensive and i m looking a bag which cost max 50 £
i will buy it in Poland if it help you

vaughnmr
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I just got this backpack in, it's huge but it holds the G75, with lots of space, looks nice:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8NUZR2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

adzibu
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
i don't know it will fits to g74sx
and i m not a tall person so i don't need big backpack, and i will use it to carry laptop with charger or books to school(it should be universal)

Enigma
04-04-2013, 05:34 AM
@ vaugnnmr: That Rosewill backpack you linked does look pretty nice, but I wonder if it's as big or as durable as the Everki Titan EKP120 I bought from CompUSA/TigerDirect (local store) for around $180 (which I also believe is the biggest laptop backpack they have/sell). In fact if you compare they do look very similar, almost identical. I've had no probs with it so far. I do think it was a bit overpriced but couldn't find it elsewhere for less, and everything else I checked just didn't seem suitable for my needs. I wanted something that could comfortably hold the G75VW with plenty of extra room for other accessories.

vaughnmr
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Yea, the Rosewill is a lot cheaper, but it's well constructed, with one exception: the handle for carrying on top isn't gusseted well, I probably wouldn't try to carry a fully loaded backpack with it very often. It's not waterproof, so you might need a hood (probably all laptop backpacks are like that). It's so big I could carry (3) G75's in it. I had a Case Logic backpack for my last 17" laptop, and even though I thought it was big, I ran out of room several times and wished it was bigger, won't be a problem with the Rosewill. More reviews are on Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834990525

Williamtell
04-05-2013, 07:54 AM
I'll only be needing a backpack for my G75VX when I travel which is about twice a year. The ROG backpack (green) that came with the notebook is too small. I've tried all the pockets and can fit most of the notebook inside, but can't zip it up. Does the G75VX fit into the ROG Shuttle backpack (Black with red trim)?

No need to answer. I did some more research and the G75VX should fit as it is smaller than the G74 which does fit.

chri5d3an
06-05-2013, 01:06 AM
my evereki is a bamf

Sadler13
06-30-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I have never used a Evereki nor seen one in person but if anyone likes the tactical style and have lots of room
for other junk than check this out..http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/TESTUDO-LAPTOP-CASE-83p1902.htm#details

Its for the 17'' size and they also make them in the smaller size.
They are AWESOME!!! but really $$$

Please let me know all your opinions on this Tactical style NB carry bag

Thanks

Enigma
06-30-2013, 05:10 AM
@ Sadler13: I've owned an Everki Titan EKP120 for about 6 months now, and I can attest to its' durability. It holds a ton of stuff, I routinely pack mine full until it's nearly bulging, it holds up like a champ, no tears/rips/broken seams etc. I would highly recommend this backpack to anyone. But it's a little on the steep side where price is concerned, I paid around $180 for mine.

Aphelion503
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Might be a little late to the party, but I use the Everki Beacon to carry my G75-VW to and from work. The laptop sleeve doesn't come close to fitting the laptop, but the backpack fits the laptop like a glove. I use my Beacon 6 days a week with great ease and satisfaction. Very pleased with both practicality and comfort.

echineko
08-13-2013, 03:57 AM
So, I've just got a G75-VW, and need to get me a backpack to carry it (and also occasionally my Toshiba 15" work laptop). What do you guys think about http://www.amazon.com/Slappa-Duffle-18-Inch-Laptops-SL-BP-207/dp/B009NE79NU/ref=sr_1_13?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1376366018&sr=1-13 ? Anyone got an idea how durable this is?

Cheers,
echineko

the-osiris
08-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Just purchaced Everki Swift, and doesn't fit my G75VWfor it has Snug-Fit compartment, I have to put it outside laptop compartment :(

Ricky
09-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Hello, somebody has tried Everki concept premium for carry Asus G75 17"?
It say fits up to 17.3" but they say doesn't fit for Asus G73/74/75
I think G74 is largest than G75
So, maybe G75 can fit in Everki concept premium

ecstarr
11-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Which Everki do you have? The Titan or Beacon?