PDA

View Full Version : AI Recovery and dual layer DVD's?

Niko838
07-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Hey,

I've just received my G55 and I've been thinking about making the recovery discs and I think I have two DL DVD's lying around somewhere. Does the AI Recovery accept dual layer DVD's or do I have to use "normal" DVD's?

Tried searching for the answer but couldn't find it, so maybe you guys know?

Thanks!

Myk SilentShadow
07-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Not sure, why don't you put one into your burner and find out? :)

Niko838
07-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Yeah, sure :) I'll give it a try later today and report back. I'm at work now so I thought I'd ask first as after I get off I have time to go buy the DVDs if necessary, but trying it myself should've been the first option, sorry :o

Myk SilentShadow
07-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah, sure :) I'll give it a try later today and report back. I'm at work now so I thought I'd ask first as after I get off I have time to go buy the DVDs if necessary, but trying it myself should've been the first option, sorry :o

Hey no need to be sorry, you had a genuine question. Maybe someone here will be able to give you a definitive answer to your question. But, a good idea would be maybe pick up a pack of DVD's just in case..at least you will save yourself a trip just for 10 bucks worth of blank discs lol

Cecil_2099
07-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I can confirm that it doesn't work. I burned mine to dual layer and still needed to use 3 of them. I checked the ISO sizes and they're for regular-size DVDs.

Niko838
07-19-2012, 06:56 AM
I can confirm that it doesn't work. I burned mine to dual layer and still needed to use 3 of them. I checked the ISO sizes and they're for regular-size DVDs.

Thanks for the confirmation! I'll get some regular DVDs then...

A bit odd that ASUS hasn't taken dual layer DVDs into account.