PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Console 3 problems

Magnet18
07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi all,
I got a g75, had it a few weeks, already got a virus (a device attached to the system is not functioning), but that's my issue, I'll take care of it :P

anyway, whenever i do Fn+F2 to manage the bluetooth and wifi, wireless console comes up showing both of them as off. I can click one and turn it on, but then wireless console disappears and i can't turn on the other. When i fn+f2 again, they're both off. Is this a glitch in yet another very unimpressive piece of asus software, or it that just how it works?
Are there any other programs i can use?
Is there a hotkey i can use for bluetooth if i were to just uninstall the wireless console?
I would really like to be able to use bluetooth and wifi at the same time :P

Thanks,
Rob

MaXimus711
07-18-2012, 04:04 PM
thats not how it is

When I hit FN+F2 both of them are disabled, if I click on the WiFi icon on the screen, then the Bluetooth remains off but the Wireless turns on

Cecil_2099
07-18-2012, 06:18 PM
On mine FN+F2 toggles between either both "Wifi and Bluetooth on" and both "wifi and bluetooth off". If you want one and not the other, then you click on the little graphic when it shows up.

Magnet18
07-18-2012, 10:45 PM
ok, i figured it out
if you have just one on, and hit fn+f2, it pops up and both wifi and bluetooth are off
if you don't touch anything and let it disappear and then hit fn+f2 again, it will show up with wifi on, and you can click bluetooth and turn them both on
then if you hit fn f2 again they both go off

one confusing little piece of software :P

edit, now it just toggles between both on and both off
asus software sux

MaXimus711
07-18-2012, 11:11 PM
its very simple man. when you toggle it they go both on or both off. When they are both off just click on the Wifi icon on the screen which is in pale grey it will be come colorful meaning WiFi is on while Bluetooth is still off

I dont see what so difficult about this or why to accuse ASUS when its purely a user error :mad:

DeltaActual
07-18-2012, 11:45 PM
whats with you ppl and Fn+F2?????? Double click that Wireless Console 3 blue icon in right corner and choose what you want On & Off. Problem solved. jeez

Cecil_2099
07-19-2012, 07:48 AM
its very simple man. when you toggle it they go both on or both off. When they are both off just click on the Wifi icon on the screen which is in pale grey it will be come colorful meaning WiFi is on while Bluetooth is still off

I dont see what so difficult about this or why to accuse ASUS when its purely a user error :mad:

That's exactly what I was trying to explain, just in not so many words.