PDA

View Full Version : G51J Blue Screen when playing games

Dizeez
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Folks.

I purchased a G51J a little over a year ago. The day I got it and installed a couple of games it started to blue screen and crash when I played. I searched many different forums about this problem and I tried many fixes, such as changing video drivers, sound drivers, upgrading the chipset drivers. None of these things worked. Finally I found a forum where many people were experiencing my issue as well. These people said the problem was with the bios version. I was directed to a link that contained a new bios version, which I was told was experimental. I flashed it and my blue screen problems went away. Soon after when I was playing a game (beta for Rift for example) the screen would freeze. If I cntrl+alt+delelte out and back it it would work for a short time.

I contacted ASUS support again and they had me go back to all the old drivers. I tried to explain why I changed them in the first place but they insisted this would be the only way to solve the problem. I returned all drivers to original state and then flashed the bios back.

I now have my old friend the BLUE SCREEN AGAIN.

I was given an RMA number to send it back but I would rather fix it myself than wait months to get my lappy back.

Any suggestions? You folks are my last chance to figure this out. I don't know what else they can do.

J

Brian@ASUS
03-22-2011, 05:51 PM
what bios are you using? and what nvidia drivers are you using?