PDA

View Full Version : Screen Tearing....Sooo annoying.

Daylife
07-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Ok, so i have this line that shows up across the screen "screen tearing" how do i get it to stop doing it that when im playing games, it totally ruins the gaming experince!

DanZFmR
07-21-2012, 12:49 AM
turn vsync on

Woots
07-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Ok, so i have this line that shows up across the screen "screen tearing" how do i get it to stop doing it that when im playing games, it totally ruins the gaming experince!

turn vsync on

Agreed.

This is true for PC/laptop both.

The problem is when the frame rate is moving faster than the screen refresh rate. In these instances tearing becomes obvious when you move the camera rapidly (like spinning 180 in a FPS.. or ... jumping in an action game... etc)

The vsync option forces the game frame rate to lock to your screens frequency (refresh rate). This way the frame rate of the game doesn't get ahead of the screens capability to display them quickly enough... which cause torn looking images, since it falls out of sync.

If the game you are playing doesn't have vsync in the option menu, you can always force vsync using the nvidia drivers.

Go to Nvidia's "video control panel". Go to Manage 3D settings. Go to Vertical Sync. You can force vsync globally "on" for all games... or if you chose you can selectively tell which game executables to force vsync to come on with.

Just a warning... using global forced on vsync can have some negative effects so I do not recommend you do this for all games.

RecceDG
07-21-2012, 04:58 PM
The only game/app I've tried that had tearing was Mass Effect 1. Enabling vsync from the game settings fixed the problem.

DG

mrwolf
07-22-2012, 12:41 AM
If you are playing high graphics game that is intensive on you video card and processor you can always set your refresh rate to 120hz and turn v-sync and triple buffering off..
That way you can get some extra performance if need be..